[Q] cyanogenmod bootloop no recovery

Search This thread

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
ok so i recently updated to cm 10.2rc2(or1 i dont remember) and ever sinc then ive been having trouble then when i was the new update i decided to update to that using cyanogenmod installer but about half way through an error occurred causing my phone to go into a boot loop i cannot boot into recovery because when i try it all it says is the tiny blue text in the corner and then it stays stuck on the cyanogenmod mascot when i try to connect it to my computer it makes the noise but it does not recognize it anymore until i go into download mode and i was wondering if i could reflash cyanogenmod again using odin? another thing is that somehow the cm installer let me use it again but this time it wanted me to re-tick the usb debugging box and i cant because like a said its stuck in a boot loopif you can please send me a link to the files i must download to fix my phone and thank you so much for reading this !! :confused: :eek:

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
how?

You could go here [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L710 MD4 (MD4 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) to get the one click odin file, download the EXE (might want to start with the rooted MD4 to save a few steps) then you can try to reflash CM afterwards
i want to thank you for atleast replying to this since just one guy at the cyanogenmod forums replied but with the wrong information and i wanted to ask how do i do this can you detail this for me since im sort of a noob at this and i usually dont read up in things before i do it (witch i should start doing) so can you send me the link to the rooted md4 file??? please reply quick my phone is used for many things in my daily life especially school and my calender

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
i want to thank you for atleast replying to this since just one guy at the cyanogenmod forums replied but with the wrong information and i wanted to ask how do i do this can you detail this for me since im sort of a noob at this and i usually dont read up in things before i do it (witch i should start doing) so can you send me the link to the rooted md4 file??? please reply quick my phone is used for many things in my daily life especially school and my calender

That link there has all the instructions and files you need.
Basically you'll download the 2nd file (the exe version) under the heading "nodata" versions.

then follow the step by step instructions on that page.

you should be good to go.

Reactions: krozz00

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
just to sum it up

You could go here [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L710 MD4 (MD4 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock): to get the one click odin file, download the EXE (might want to start with the rooted MD4 to save a few steps) then you can try to reflash CM afterwards
so when you say try that means theres a chance it might not work?
can you help me if it doesnt work ? have you had problems like this before? whats MOAR rom like ? and what do you suggest for later updates and android maintenance? thanks for the help just answerr those and ill press the thanks button for you !! ps what does nodata version mean?

editing again because i read it and it said that on user version kept my data what data? and do i just skip the other steps and go directly to download mode because i cant do the other steps cause of the boot loop and do i download the modem/kernel or no??

Last edited:

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
harmful

so when you say try that means theres a chance it might not work?
can you help me if it doesnt work ? have you had problems like this before? whats MOAR rom like ? and what do you suggest for later updates and android maintenance? thanks for the help just answerr those and ill press the thanks button for you !! ps what does nodata version mean?

editing again because i read it and it said that on user version kept my data what data? and do i just skip the other steps and go directly to download mode because i cant do the other steps cause of the boot loop and do i download the modem/kernel or no??
i downloaded it and my computer said windows protected my pc

kkocken

Dec 4, 2013
I ran into the boot loop early today when I tried to install CM10.2 via the windows installer.

All I could do was to get the phone to boot into "download mode". However, ODIN wasn't recognizing that my phone was plugged in.

I ended up uninstalling and re-installing the Samsung USB drivers.
When I plugged in my phone it completed the install of the drivers,\.
ODIN then recognized my phone was connected and the "COM" lit up.
I was able to reflash TWRP recovery and get my phone to reboot in recovery and reflash the backup rom.

kev

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
how?

I ran into the boot loop early today when I tried to install CM10.2 via the windows installer.

All I could do was to get the phone to boot into "download mode". However, ODIN wasn't recognizing that my phone was plugged in.

I was able to reflash TWRP recovery and get my phone to reboot in recovery and reflash the backup rom.

kev
where did you download the recovery and how did you do it?

kkocken

Dec 4, 2013

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011491 <- I followed this thread from skunkape

The ROMS are listed here....

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-sprint#romList <- you can get the rom from here (remember to wipe the davlik-cache because I think that is what was causing mine to reboot)

You can alternatively get the CM10.2 (http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2spr) from here and copy it to your SDcard and install.

kev

krozz00

Nov 26, 2013
thanks

[ <- I followed this thread from skunkape

<- you can get the rom from here (remember to wipe the davlik-cache because I think that is what was causing mine to reboot)

You can alternatively get the CM10.2 from here and copy it to your SDcard and install.

kev
THANKS!!! i got it working again and i thanked you and the other guy!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could go here [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L710 MD4 (MD4 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock): http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=233 to get the one click odin file, download the EXE (might want to start with the rooted MD4 to save a few steps) then you can try to reflash CM afterwards

That link there has all the instructions and files you need.
    Basically you'll download the 2nd file (the exe version) under the heading "nodata" versions.

then follow the step by step instructions on that page.

you should be good to go.

kev

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011491 <- I followed this thread from skunkape

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-sprint#romList <- you can get the rom from here (remember to wipe the davlik-cache because I think that is what was causing mine to reboot)

You can alternatively get the CM10.2 (http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2spr) from here and copy it to your SDcard and install.

kev