[Q] Automatically change to mobile data is wifi data speed too low, like in BB

Search This thread

Waqas

Nov 7, 2004
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hi.

Is there any way for our android device to automatically start using mobile data even if its connected to a WIFI network, like it does in Iphone and Blackberry.
There are times you go to a certain location and having used their wifi before, your phone automatically connects to it only to find out that no data is transmitting and you can sit there for hours not realizing your phone is disconnected from the internet whereby, in BB or iphone, the phone just switches over to mobile data and keeps you online.
Most apps available just toggle wifi on and off but none I've seen can keep WIFI connected and still use mobile data.

Any help will be appreciated

Marc199

Jun 15, 2012
Leipzig
There is an option, that the phone only connects to wifi if there is a good connection (under wlan --> advanced )
Hope this helps.

albi99

Dec 11, 2013
Same problem (but inverse)

Hi everybody,

I'm facing the same problem, just inverse: when the phone "considers" the wifi signal "too weak", it automatically switches to mobile data (even if the latter are disabled), the result is the mobile frequently drop the connection in some places at home where the signal is a little less intense.

In my phone, the option mentioned by Marc199 doesn't exist (or isn't displayed)...

What can I do?

Is there a way to access "hidden" settings like the one mentioned?

Thanks for your answers!

There is an option, that the phone only connects to wifi if there is a good connection (under wlan --> advanced )
Hope this helps.

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Hi everybody,

I'm facing the same problem, just inverse: when the phone "considers" the wifi signal "too weak", it automatically switches to mobile data (even if the latter are disabled), the result is the mobile frequently drop the connection in some places at home where the signal is a little less intense.

In my phone, the option mentioned by Marc199 doesn't exist (or isn't displayed)...

What can I do?

Thanks for your answers!

Well, you can always use the quick settings to turn off the mobile data.

Marc199

Jun 15, 2012
Leipzig
Hi everybody,

What can I do?

Thanks for your answerns!

Well, there might be a chance that HTC removed (or never implemented) this feature. I'm using a GPE ROM.
If you mean the developer options, they won't be any use to you.

DIGS11

Apr 4, 2014
ST JAMES
BestSignal Wifi-->Mobile Data App

I just installed BESTSIGNAL on my **HTC ONE M7**from the developer of the same name (BestSignal).

It's the paid version but only AUD1.99 and it works well, simple yet highly functional GUI. However it was not compatible on my Google Nexus 7 (2012) nor my ASUS Transformer TF700T so be sure to check your device compatibility.

As a XDA newbie I'm not allowed to include active HTML links so the App URL extension is: details?id=com.eightythirty.bestsignal and the Dev's is: developer?id=BestSignal