5,598,779 Members 34,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why won't the DEV support Verizon HTC ONE.

Tip us?

yardi4life
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default Why won't the DEV support Verizon HTC ONE.

Question for the DEVs of THE HTC ONE....

Why won't you guys support the Verizon HTC ONE ?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardi4life View Post
Question for the DEVs of THE HTC ONE....

Why won't you guys support the Verizon HTC ONE ?
Question for you....

Why won't you go to the Verizon HTC ONE forum instead of complaining against DEVs?

---------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one <---------
If I helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want me to reply, QUOTE me or mention me using @alray, otherwise don't expect any reply

Useful links for HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users by SaHiLzZ (BELL, TELUS, ROGERS)
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

yardi4life
Old
(Last edited by yardi4life; 6th December 2013 at 01:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Question for you....

Why won't you go to the Verizon HTC ONE forum instead of complaining against DEVs?

---------> http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one <---------
Because DEVs in Verizon HTC ONE forum support the phone. DUH! lol! And its a question for DEV's in the HTC ONE forum if they so choose to answer. Not a complaint..

I don't get why Sprint, ATT, TMO is supported, but not Verizon. I know why it was that way, but I figured by now that would a have changed.

I thought it was a kernel source issue, but after checking HTC DEV, Verizon HTC ONE has a newer kernel source that ATT and SPRINT.

I get that ATT/T-MO and International variants probably have more in common with GSM/LTE bands than Verizon, but then there is SPRINT which is CMDA like Verizon.

Myself and other Verizon users would love the flexibility that others enjoy. Just say!

With that said. Thanks to these guys @andybones, @buckmarble, @brymaster5000, @Flyhalf205, @hawknest, @newtoroot, @santod040, @Zarboz and others for not forgetting us on Verizon.
The Following User Says Thank You to yardi4life For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardi4life View Post
Because DEVs in Verizon HTC ONE forum support the phone. DUH! lol! And its a question for DEV's in the HTC ONE forum if they so choose to answer. Not a complaint..

I don't get why Sprint, ATT, TMO is supported, but not Verizon. I know why it was that way, but I figured by now that would a have changed.

I thought it was a kernel source issue, but after checking HTC DEV, Verizon HTC ONE has a newer kernel source that ATT and SPRINT.

I get that ATT/T-MO and International variants probably have more in common with GSM/LTE bands than Verizon, but then there is SPRINT which is CMDA like Verizon.

Myself and other Verizon users would love the flexibility that others enjoy. Just say!

With that said. Thanks to these guys @andybones, @brymaster5000, @Flyhalf205, @hawknest, @newtoroot, @santod040, @Zarboz and others for not forgetting us on Verizon.
Don't forget @buckmarble

TEAM ECLIPTIC
Kernel Developer

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...wouldn't mind deving for the m8.

Devices:
HTC One vzw
Incredible 2 = retired
Nook Color

EsJayEs
Old
(Last edited by EsJayEs; 6th December 2013 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Better question: Why not just switch to AT&T and enjoy the freedom that most of the world does? I left Verizon in 2007 because of the awful UI that they ran on EVERY PHONE. Using a RAZR was no different than using some ****ty Pantech, I and some others were able to flash our way out of it, but it required for more tricks and tools. Even then, it sucked by comparison,

I have a friend with a Verizon HTC One. If I could flash the Developer Edition ROM and make it work, I'd have done it the moment he bought it. I don't use custom ROMs. So while he's trapped with Android 4.2, I'm sailing with 4.4 already. He'll be lucky to get it by February. By then, I'm sure I'll be even farther ahead.
HTC One Vivid Blue converted to Developer Edition

If my post was helpful, please click on "thanks"