XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung epic 4g touch flashing roms

Tip us?

JUGGERNAUT15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung epic 4g touch flashing roms

Hi! So I have a rooted Samsung epic 4g touch, and I read the instructions on how to install cysnnogen mod. It's just that I am new to rooting and I don't understand what I should do. If I install a custom ROM how do I boot back into stock. (BTW I have jellybean that I flashed from Samsung myself) rooted 4.1
I rooted following these instructions.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnk617F...%3DRnk617FffXY

Thanks in advance
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

kennyglass123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23755

DONATE TO ME
Please forum rules before posting
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Twitter: @kennyglass123 - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT15 View Post
Hi! So I have a rooted Samsung epic 4g touch, and I read the instructions on how to install cysnnogen mod. It's just that I am new to rooting and I don't understand what I should do. If I install a custom ROM how do I boot back into stock. (BTW I have jellybean that I flashed from Samsung myself) rooted 4.1
I rooted following these instructions.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnk617F...%3DRnk617FffXY

Thanks in advance
You can either flash a TouchWiz ROM or a One Click to get back to stock.

JUGGERNAUT15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean by "one click" please be more specific and I also need help rooting my lenovo a2107. It is a new tablet from last Christmas and I haven't been able to root it. I need some help

Gil81
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT15 View Post
What do you mean by "one click" please be more specific and I also need help rooting my lenovo a2107. It is a new tablet from last Christmas and I haven't been able to root it. I need some help

Re-post you're question in the Q and A section at the top of the page.. and I will be happy to help you get cwm recovery and explain flashing custom roms ( in general )
Note3 : Jelly 'Beans' ( 4.3 )
E4GT : Vanir( 4.4.2 )
GT-P7510 : Nameless Rom ( 4.4 )
Thanks Dev's for these Awesome Roms...

Drop box... https://db.tt/OYCMm64V ...Thanks for helping my dropbox...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gil81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asrah
Old
Thanks Meter 8
One click exe's are odin style tools you can use to flash a kernel, rom, recovery, etc, without needing to use the full odin tool. All you need to do, is boot your phone into download mode, connect the phone into your computer, and hit the volume up button. After those steps are complete, you can click "start" in the one click exe. It will flash the file for you, without requiring you to make sure that the proper options are checked in an odin tool.

mr. ya-di-da
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My epic 4g touch for some reason became finicky today and will only flash certain roms now. It will only except blue kuban el29 gingerbread,blue kuban fl24 ics, viperRom v1 and 2.When I try to flash any other roms like cyanogen 10.1,slim beans and even stock gb27 and gb28 full restore it loads but stays in boot image loop.But it will except stock fl24 no data restore one click just fine and el29 but won't except jelly bean along with other roms. It was working just fine two days ago. What could be the problem I don't like be limited to only certain roms. Thx.

btvolta
Old
(Last edited by btvolta; 18th November 2013 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1624
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ya-di-da View Post
My epic 4g touch for some reason became finicky today and will only flash certain roms now. It will only except blue kuban el29 gingerbread,blue kuban fl24 ics, viperRom v1 and 2.When I try to flash any other roms like cyanogen 10.1,slim beans and even stock gb27 and gb28 full restore it loads but stays in boot image loop.But it will except stock fl24 no data restore one click just fine and el29 but won't except jelly bean along with other roms. It was working just fine two days ago. What could be the problem I don't like be limited to only certain roms. Thx.

The issue may be because the different roms you mention use different recoveries. Try this method:
1. Click restore for whatever rom you want to restore
2. Once it restores, don't reboot phone yet
3. Click the advanced tab
4. Choose reboot recovery ( this installs the correct recovery for the rom you want to restore)
5. Restore desired Rom once again after recovery boot ( this time it will allow rom to be restored on proper recovery)
6. Reboot phone

Edit: Also, you will need to reflash correct modem after install. This can be done after you restore rom, prior to rebooting phone
The Following User Says Thank You to btvolta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr. ya-di-da
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So I tried what u mentioned above,still didn't work. It won't flash any ROM that is jelly bean. Only gingerbread or ICS. I read somewhere that my recovery needs to be updated so I tried that also and still no cigar for flashing jelly bean.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18794

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. ya-di-da View Post
So I tried what u mentioned above,still didn't work. It won't flash any ROM that is jelly bean. Only gingerbread or ICS. I read somewhere that my recovery needs to be updated so I tried that also and still no cigar for flashing jelly bean.
Do you have insurance? Try to flash the ICS no root one click then try to upgrade via OTA or Kies... If that doesn't work take it in and say you want a new device cuz you can't use JB.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]