5,600,483 Members 32,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Fail - Pin lock Screen Sought!

Tip us?

lord_tophat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Screen Fail - Pin lock Screen Sought!

Hi All,

After a short 2 weeks my LG v500 screen has failed. Hence a return is necessary. BUT....I can't do a hardware reset as I can't see anything...

I need to be able to at least connect it to the PC. But this requires I enter my pin lock code (which is near impossible with no screen). Can anyone post a pic with the pin lock screen so I might try to make a template up to press the right areas of the screen?

It's a long shot but hey, worth a go!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Chris.

robotapocalypse
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tophat View Post
Hi All,

After a short 2 weeks my LG v500 screen has failed. Hence a return is necessary. BUT....I can't do a hardware reset as I can't see anything...

I need to be able to at least connect it to the PC. But this requires I enter my pin lock code (which is near impossible with no screen). Can anyone post a pic with the pin lock screen so I might try to make a template up to press the right areas of the screen?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Chris.
Are you running the stock ROM? I'm on Mahdi ROM, so I don't think my PIN lock screen looks the same. I'm sure it's not as the LG one was much bigger.

RaiderWill
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_tophat View Post
Hi All,

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Chris.
Why worry about it?
If you can't see the screen.. whatever Tech receives you defective unit will not be able to see the screen either.. They'll write a ticket up for it and just replace the unit..
AS MY G-PAD'S JOURNEY GLIDES TO A CLOSE...

6-25 WILL SHOW ME WHERE MY NEW ROAD GOES...