[Q] Update via Kies
Sorry for the Noob questions but here goes... Device info first, then the questions
Rooted T989 with Bombaridier ROM (from galaxys2root . com)
Current Firmware Version (per Kies) - PDA:KID / PHONE:KID / CSC:KID
Android Version - 2.3.5
Baseband Version - UVKID
Kernel Version - 184.108.40.206
...and the questions
1. Can I update via Kies since ROM is not Stock and device is Rooted, or will it fail. ( I get prompted by Kies everytime I connect the phone, asking me if I want to upgrade the firmware version )
2. If successful, will I lose root after flashing
3. Will new ROM contain all the T-Mobile bloatware and other crap that I don't want or need
4. Does anyone know which Android version (4.?.?) was last released for this phone / correlates to this firmware that it will get updated to from Kies? PDA:MC6 / PHONE: MC6 / CSC:MC6 (TMB) is what Kies is offering
5. If answer to question #3 is "Yes, bloatware and other useless crap will be there", than would someone be so kind as to recommend a fast, stable, bug-free JB ROM with good battery life for this phone?
Many thanks in advance, and apologies for the multitide of questions.