[Q] How to disable light sensor?

Search This thread

nathwut

Dec 5, 2013
So lately my kindle has been rebooting a lot, I couldn't figure out why, flashed back to stock rom etc. no difference. I remembered it used to lock at random as well, it was something to do with the light sensor and didn't happen in bright rooms, and the same thing applies with it rebooting. I'm not sure what changed that's making it power cycle instead of locking now, but I'm pretty sure that if I could disable the light sensor this would stop happening. I've been through the play store and tried all sorts of different apps, the only thing that was any help was one that showed that the light sensor was the only sensor that wasn't providing any data, and that didn't solve my problem.

So my question is does anyone know how I could disable it? It seems like it should be a really simple thing to do, clearly it's not. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Download a slightly older build of cm 10.2, hashcode had temporarily disabled the driver while recoding it, so a slightly older build would have it disabled.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app