Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

identify asus tablet

OP woainot

6th December 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi all,
My friend gave me an ASUS tablet that has a crack on the glass or digitizer (I'm assuming) so it's inoperable although the screen display fine. I've been trying to identify the model of the tablet but there's really nothing in the case that I can relate to. Can someone show me how to identify the ASUS tablet? I have more question in mind but I guess i start with that one first. Thank you much

I will try to see if I can post some photo later for easier to id the device
7th December 2013, 03:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woainot

Hi all,
My friend gave me an ASUS tablet that has a crack on the glass or digitizer (I'm assuming) so it's inoperable although the screen display fine. I've been trying to identify the model of the tablet but there's really nothing in the case that I can relate to. Can someone show me how to identify the ASUS tablet? I have more question in mind but I guess i start with that one first. Thank you much

I will try to see if I can post some photo later for easier to id the device

tf201 has a metallic back
tf300 has a plastic back
8th December 2013, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thanks cmendonc2, It does have a metal back panel. I'm attaching a couple of photos here hopefully it helps to confirm that. Also, what is more practical replacing the digitizer or the whole screen? Thank you
Last edited by woainot; 8th December 2013 at 09:30 PM.
8th December 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 299

343 posts
Quote:

Thanks cmendonc2, It does have a metal back panel. I'm attaching a couple of photos here hopefully it helps to confirm that. Also, what is more practical replacing the digitizer or the whole screen? Thank you

The images aren't loading for me.
Can you try uploading to imgur.com?
8th December 2013, 09:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
ah....i can't post links from outside this forum, blocked by policy, i need to have 10 posts in order to post link from outside. Anyway, let me try with the attachment again. if this doesn't work i don't know how else I can post fotos without having post at least 10 posts. I got a feeling that might be the same reason for those attachments not working properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0419.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	2442296   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0416.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	2442297  
8th December 2013, 09:46 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,087 posts
More
Quote:

ah....i can't post links from outside this forum, blocked by policy, i need to have 10 posts in order to post link from outside. Anyway, let me try with the attachment again. if this doesn't work i don't know how else I can post fotos without having post at least 10 posts. I got a feeling that might be the same reason for those attachments not working properly.

No, I can't see the attachment but it is probably a tf700 or tf201 with the metal backing
9th December 2013, 04:14 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 317

1,149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

No, I can't see the attachment but it is probably a tf700 or tf201 with the metal backing

Yep that's a TF201

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
9th December 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Many thanks to all. that would help me to find the right replacement part and tutorial.
12th December 2013, 07:49 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 711

2,350 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Many thanks to all. that would help me to find the right replacement part and tutorial.

that looks like a tf300 to me i can see the circle pattern and the camera doesnt have a led and the speaker is different on the tf201
15th December 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,122

11,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Doesn't look like a TF201 to me. The speaker is not right, neither is the colour.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread