Use the Snapshot thread to talk about Snapshots and M-releases!
Xposed is not supported here in this thread, neither are any other mods/kernels, issues related them it aren't nightly problems. (Xposed only works with dalvik.)
So if something doesn't work for you that others claim working, full wipe, don't install any kernels/mods/xposed/etc. and just test thing that wasn't working. If still it doesn't work for you, do tell here!
Also some people remove some files from the rom before flashing, if you do this don't report anything here before you full wipe and test flashing the rom without removing the files.
So basically only report stuff here if you are using pure/vanilla/original/stock CM11.
CM11 nightlies are nearing the end and new nightlies of CM12 will start dropping around December. CM has pretty much feature freezed CM11 branch. More info here and here.
I'm not going to maintain CM12 nightlies thread and soon this thread becomes obsolute too. I thank you all for the great work on reporting problems and helping others in this thread, what a year we had with cm11 nightlies.
Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE(GT-I9195) and 3G(GT-I9190) official CM11 nightlies bug reports & discussion.
This thread is to discuss any issues you may have or bug reports to raise regarding the CM11 nightlies for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini international LTE variant (GT-I9195) and the international 3G variant (GT-I9190) (see notes section if you have some other variant).
Opened this thread to keep the release thread clean for development-related discussions only.
** DO NOT USE THE JIRA BUG TRACKER TO REPORT BUGS FOR NIGHTLIES! Flash latest snapshot with full wipe and report the issue with it.
Reporting to JIRA is allowed for M / SNAPSHOT rom versions. Guidelines on how to report stuff there.
GT-I9195 Nightlies changelog (NOT ALWAYS UP TO DATE!)
GT-I9190 Nightlies changelog (NOT ALWAYS UP TO DATE!)
Release thread / Development discussion only for the GT-I9195 | Download CyanogenMod 11 (GT-I9195) from get.cm
Release thread / Development discussion only for the GT-I9190 | Download CyanogenMod 11 (GT-I9190) from get.cm
Google Applications / gapps | Download gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip for Android 4.4.3 / CM11 (also ART compatible) | Torrent.
CyanogenMod 11 - GT-I9195 and GT-l9190 - Snapshots - Bug Reports & Discussion thread
Cyanogenmod Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini forums.
- I'm not the developer for these roms, nor do I work for Cyanogenmod, I just maintain this thread as a hobby. Please don't PM or spam me to answer your questions.
- This thread is ONLY for the CM11 nightlies discussion, there are other threads in the general and Q/A forums to answer questions about everything else than CM11 nightlies. (Example how to root s4mini is not related to this thread.)
- Arco68 is the maintainer/developer in charge of maintaining/developing CM for our phones. He isn't in charge of developing everything on CM, for example trebuchet or other feature development.
- F4k is the most active mod-developer for our phones, but he doesn't work for Cyanogenmod either.
- Please note that the CM11 has been pretty much feature frozen by Cyanogenmod since they are now focusing on buildin CM12. So expect missing features. The missing features may come in due time. There might not ever be a stable labeled CM11 rom since Cyanogenmod changed their build routines. More info.
- 1st rule of flashing custom roms etc.: No wipe - No whine.
- 2nd rule of flashing custom roms etc.: Always backup before flashing/updating.
- 3rd rule of flashing custom roms etc.: Google search and xda search are your friends when encountering problems.
- How to act on xda forums. Also answers the question "why I only get angry answers when I ask questions?".
- FAQ: Rooting S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195, guide on how to root and stuff.
- [GUIDE] How to install CM11, quick/small guide thread.
- What is knox?
- When upgrading between different CM versions(cm10.1/10.2/11), you still need to flash the gapps module after upgrading as /system is wiped and it's pretty much necessary to do a full wipe when upgrading to CM11.
- Gapps are Google Apps for Android. The reason why you need to flash them separately from the rom.
- Notes about updating to latest stock FW before flashing custom ROMs
- Flashing CM11(or any custom rom based on CM?) may break your NFC on the stock rom if you sometime want to go back to it. The thread about this problem, there may be some fix for it in that thread and discussion of this problem should be done there. (Dirty) fix for NFC on stock.
- M / Snapshot / monthly releases are basically nightlies from specific time, but they shouldn't have any major problems like bootlooping etc. More info about M-releases. Even more info about M-releases.
- ClockworkMod(cwm) is the official Cyanogenmod recovery. Latest version 22.214.171.124. To get the latest version and updates to the CWM recovery at the same time you update to newer nightly, unlock developer options by tapping build number 10times from About phone settings and then tick the Update CM recovery option on from the developer options.
- The ROM comes with a Superuser app. You don't need to install another one. (Some apps may require you to install SuperSU app from play store, in order to work properly.)
- CM doesn't come with a IR Remote app, IR blaster support may be TV/device specific.
- Screenshot is Vol-Down + Home in CM.
- To install games/apps to external SD, you currently need some app/mod like FolderMount. Not sure how link2sd works, but it might help on this too. See this guide.
- Whisper Push aka TextSecure is in short, encrypted messaging. It requires data connection in order to work for now. More info here and here.
- Our device doesn't have LED like many phones do, so there's an another notification light implemented called BLN. (Sprint variant of s4mini has LED, but this variant isn't supported and these roms aren't for that variant)
- Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support by junkyde was implemented to the official CM tree by arco68, so you now only need the BLN app(free or pro). Using task killers, adblock plus or other apps like Clean Master may cause BLN not to work. If you BLN doesn't work do the steps in this post.
- Trebuchet launcher replaced Launcher3.
- Regarding the issues and missing stuff on trebuchet: You can access launcher settings by pressing menu on homescreen or long pressing homeescreen. From the menu, you can scroll to get more options, the options that are not there aren't available yet on Trebuchet. They will come eventually, you can use 3rd party launchers for additional features.
- Only themes that support the new CM theme stuff are supported.
- These roms and this thread are only for the international models: GT-I9195 serranoltexx and GT-I9190 serrano3gxx. A comment from the rom developer about other variants. It's advised to post your full baseband from about phone settings before flashing anything.
- Other S4 Mini variants like GT-I9192, Sprint(JDQ39.L520 or SPH-L520), SHV-E370K, SGH-I257M, SCH-R890, GT-I9195T and GT-I9197 aren't officially supported and using these roms on wrong variant may brick your device, but if you want to root them etc. search other threads from these S4 Mini forums for guides. Officially supported means that you can find the variant's nightlies from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/ , currently only the non-dualsim international versions are supported.
- Using ART instead of dalvik may cause FCs in apps etc. ART can also cause bootloops on some nightlies, example 20140222 and 20140226, check latest posts for future nightlies. (Generally ART should work just fine with the latest gapps and generally with all apps, but it needs support from app's side too.) Dalvik is still the official solution, supported and considered safe. Using ART may require more space from internal/external SD.
- Xposed is not supported here in this thread, neither are any other mods/kernel, issues related them it aren't nightly problems. Xposed only works with dalvik.
- If you are experiencing battery drainage, please check what's draining it with BetterBatteryStats or Wakelock Detector and the current issues below before posting about it. More info about wakelocks.
- For those who experience battery drainage from wifi, check this post out.
- You can't change settings for core1 permanently. Whatever setting you choose, core1 will always be restored to its driver defaults - interactive at any speed. Saving battery while core 1 is not needed is the point. It's a Qualcomm design.
- CAF = Code Aurora Forum - A division of Qualcomm doing the source code for their hardware.
- Quick Panel: Expanded desktop toggle doesn't show up if you haven't enabled Expanded desktop from the interface settings.
- Quick Panel: Profile toggle doesn't show up if you haven't enabled profiles from the settings.
- Three dots on apps is a new design preference from Google. More info.
- You can request features/mods in this thread, but if you want something to be implemented into official CM tree, this is not the right place for that. You can request these features to be added into official Cyanogenmod rom from JIRA tracker.
- Some devs like F4k are usually interested in development of mods, so they might do them. But remember: Spamming them(devs) about requests doesn't get your mods done, on the contrary it might even get your requests to be ignored.
- I have made this same thread only including issues and requests from this post to the Cyanonmod forum too.
Few useful apps and other stuff (these might not be up to date)
- Google Now launcher download link.
- Different modems. Ask about the benefits and other stuff in it's thread and not here.
- (Has bugs, usage not recommended at the moment, date 3 aug 2014)For downloading smaller updates instead of whole nightlies, check CyanDelta updater app. But still it's recommended to download whole rom, if problems occur, from get.cm.
- For making nandroid backups without booting to recovery, check this app (also has pro version). The app's xda thread. (If it doesn't work, update your recovery and root+busybox to the latest and try changing the shell as mentioned in the app.)
Before reporting a bug
- Only report issues occurring on the latest nightly.
- Reporting bugs on this thread is for the purpose that other users know, NOTHING reported in this thread automatically goes to Cyanogenmod.
- To report issues or missing features to Cyanogenmod, use JIRA bug tracker. Reporting to JIRA is only allowed from M/snapshot releases, so flash snapshot release with full wipe before reporting issues there.
JIRA issue reporting guidelines.
LIST OF ISSUES / MISSING FEATURES
- - Few people are reporting higher battery drain than before/few nightlies ago. Might be related to mobile data switching 3g-4g or kernel stuff.
- Few people are reporting that WiFi does not stay on while sleeping, even when the setting is set as "Always".
- Few people are reporting that sound problems when listening to music with speaker/headset/bluetooth.
Verified & Reproduced
- - Plug in headphones that doesn't have a mic, try to record a voice message in any app, example whatsapp -> app freezes/crashes.
- If you make backups with cwm, the date is wrong. But if you for example use Onlinen nandroid backup app, the date is right.
- BetterBatteryStats/BBS doesn't install as system app. Temporary fixes.
Fixed / In coming build
- - S-View Flip cover support is still in the works, currently it shows the most important information.
- Few people (4) are reporting that they get force closes for: com.qualcomm.timeservice even after full wipe. <- Was an ART issue.
Unable to reproduce / Unique to certain users / Unable to fix / Unverified / Kernel issue
FEATURE REQUESTS FOR XDA DEVELOPERS (not Cyanogenmod)
- You can request these features to be added into official Cyanogenmod rom from JIRA tracker.
JIRA issue reporting guidelines.
- Jawbone UP wristband support. (some info here)
- SMemo from StockRom.
- Touch sensitivity increase option. (some info: 1,2.)
- Option to disable illuminating buttons / button backlights when only touching the screen, but still illuminating them when you touch the buttons. Info https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5124
- TPTs or way to repartition system since there's like 1GB empty unusable space.
- Option to disable bootanimation from settings. Some info. https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5122
- Dynamic notifications. More info.
- Notification counter on icons. Info 1 & 2. Picture. https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5125
- Framework implementation to adjust how strong the haptic feedback is for soft keys. Some info. Temporarily you can use xposed app Gravitybox.
- Wi-Fi direct over NFC. Tempfix, SuperBeam app.
- Predefined color profiles, example grayscale. Tempfix app.
- Galaxy Gear etc. smartwatch support.
- Fully working Google Dialer.
- Smart Quick Panel pull. https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5121
- Trebuchet : Vertical scrolling in the app drawer. https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5126
- Option to send contact via SMS (number + name).
- Option to mute camera/video shutter/recording starting sound. (muting is illegal in some countries so cm decided to remove the whole feature...)
- Dynamic status bar, example as part of the theme engine.
Accepted (being/will be worked on in the future)
- Camera led flash light when phone's ringing. F4k will have a look if he has the time for it.
Done / Already available
- Button Lights Notification (BLN) kernel support by @junkyde. This was implemented to the official CM tree by arco, so you now only need the BLN app(free or pro).
- Haptic feedback/vibration on soft keys. How to modify for Higher vibration. by @PolishVodka ( @denon480) This was implemented to the official CM tree by arco, so you now only need to enable Vibrate on touch from Sound settings.
- WiFi hotspot options/settings, example how many users can connect to it. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/69164/ Merged.
- S view flip cover support. (some info here) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/71472/. S-View Flip cover support is still in the works, currently it shows the most important information. Implemeted to the official rom by arco.
- Screen/font color/sharpness calibration feature from cm 10.1 by @F4k
- Task manager from stock rom. @sks93
- OC/UC/UV/OTG etc. kernel(also with BLN) by @F4k
- Samsung WatchOn Remote by @dong2007
- HallMonitor app by Alex "durka" Burka (explanation of the app is on the github page, just scroll down)
- USB Mass Storage support. (you can mount usb mass storage in the latest recovery, in mounts and storage sub-menu.)
- Choco Cooky or more fonts in general. More fonts available from cyanogenmod themechooser/google play.
- App2SD kernel support. f4ktion kernel has it.
- Double tap on screen / menu button / something to wake. F4k will have a look if he has the time for it. F4k reported that it drains the battery too much and needs(?) hardware support to work better. More info, search F4k's kernel thread.
- Proximity wake option. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/75398/ http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/75410/
Borrowed the template from @Whosat