The example is done with TWRP but the basic idea with CWM is pretty much the same.
Required tools for uploading:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 mini with CWM/TWRP recovery
- Android SDK -> DOWNLOAD FOR OTHER PLATFORMS -> installer_r22.3-windows.exe
- Desired ROM to be installed, in this example it's DMod V6
1) Install the SDK, start it and select "Android SDK Tools" and "Android SDK Platform-tools" and then "Install 2 packages"
2) Locate the "adb.exe" file that was installed with "Android SDK Platform-tools", It's usually in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools". I decided to copy the "platform-tools" folder into c:\ and renamed it to "adb".
3) Copy the ROM you desire to install in the "adb" folder
4) Boot the phone into recovery, and select "Advanced":
5) Plug the USB cable in
6) Start "Command Prompt" in Windows (Start -> type in "cmd" to search box and select "cmd.exe")
7) Type: "cd \adb"
8) Type: "adb kill-server"
9) Type: "adb usb"
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 * * daemon started successfully * restarting in USB mode
List of devices attached sh3d7h3dj631f6a7 recovery
12) Type: "adb devices"
List of devices attached sh3d7h3dj631f6a7 sideload
Wait for the upload to finish and you are done! Have fun installing DMod V6
WAIT! There's this error with adb:
2) Read the guide again from step 8 and obey them!