[ALPHA] | CustomDroid | Automated flashing, rooting, etc like CM installer
You all must have heard of CyanogenMod installer, which makes it easy to install CyanogenMod ROM on a number of devices. You just need to download the app on your phone and then connect your phone to your PC and the installer app on your PC will do the heavy lifting. But the problem is: It's a CyanogenMod
installer -- You can only install CyanogenMod using it, that's it. So I present to you - Custom Droid
What is Custom Droid?
CustomDroid allows you to tweak your newly purchased phone. It can:
- Unlock the bootloader of your device
- Flash a custom recovery
- Flash a custom ROM
- Flash a custom kernel [WIP]
- Root your device [WIP]
The user interface is like an installer and it makes the entire process, from bootloader unlocking to custom ROM, super easy and intuitive.
This project was inspired by CM Installer. Since CM Installer was limited (and could only flash a CM ROM), I thought "Why not create a similar app which can do more and also flash any kind of ROM?".
- The app is in experimental stage so please don't say "It sucks" or "It bricked my device", there are still few things left to fix and add. Please report bugs via GitHub
- Kernel flashing and rooting is WIP and will be ready by ALPHA 2
- List of currently supported devices are: Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Nexus One and HTC One.
- Only GSM variants of the devices are supported. LTE/4G model support will be added in ALPHA 3 (expected). Support for more devices will be added soon.
- If you have a HTC One, make sure the bootloader unlock key ("Unlock_code.bin") file is present in the root folder of the application else it will not be able to unlock your One's bootloader. I will be adding the support for extracting identifier token automatically in v2 to make it easy for you to obtain the bootloader unlock key.
- .NET Framework 4.5
- ADB/fastboot drivers
ALPHA 1: https://github.com/theblixguy/Custom...oid_exp_v1.zip