[Kernel][CM 11][4.4.x] crpalmer's kernel for CM11 nightlies
This kernel extends the CM kernel with some new features:
New init.d scripts
to allow some tweaking without needing any 3rd party apps
* See the next post for details.
Replaced HTC's mpdecision
with a new custom hot-plug driver that I created:
* This hot-plug driver is more aggressive about bring cores on and off-line to match the load on the system.
* Bringing cores online earlier makes your phone more responsive / smooth.
* Taking cores offline earlier improves battery life.
* It ramps up very quickly on resume to avoid lag.
Replaced HTC's lightsensor table with one that is more sensible and that matches what other devices use. If you have custom auto-brightness settings, you'll probably need to tweak them after installing this kernel.
There are many additional changes to boost performance and battery
* Linaro -O3 compiled (Linaro 4.8).
* I disable tons of HTC debugging crap left enabled and needlessly consuming battery.
* Improvements to the core locking code of the kernel.
* Patches that transform traditional locks into RCU backed data structures.
* CAF changes to power management to sleep faster and waste less CPU during suspend.
* Improved code for moving data to/from user-space and manipulating strings within the kernel.
* And tons of other patches such as scheduler improvements, I/O improvements, networking improvements, etc, etc, etc.
* Voltage control (faux123) to allow user-space under-volting.
* BFQ I/O scheduler.
* Track upstream Linux changes
A link to each version is included in the changelog entry. Scroll down to the changelog to download the latest version.
* Kernel source
* Build tools
If you are S-OFF you can flash the update.zip in recovery.
If you are S-ON, then after you flash the update.zip in recovery then, while still in recovery, you must run
Version 5.7.6: April 7, 2014: General Fixes, Linux 3.4.86
adb pull /tmp/boot.img
<reboot into bootloader>
fastboot flash boot boot.img
* Linux version 3.4.86
* Other changes, mostly have been merged into the CM kernel and I forget which changes weren't...
Version 5.5.3: January 24, 2014: Fix random crashes
* Pull missing commits from upstream to fix random crashes
* Remove more debugging spew in kmsg (submitted upstream)
Version 5.5.2: January 19, 2014: Linux 3.4.77, CM changes
* CM changes include a fix for the cpu-boost driver, smooth streaming and governor fixes
* Linux 3.4.77
Version 5.4.2: January 5, 2014: Linux 3.4.75, I/O Optimizations, CM changes
* CM changes may resolve lingering problems with min frequency set to max frequency.
Version 5.3.7: December 20, 2013: Linux 3.4.74, WiFi Optimizations, cpufreq gov. changes
* Linux 3.4.74
* Various WiFi optimizations including using less battery when suspended
* Removed ondemandCRP: It existed because it helped a2dp but, thanks to improvements upstream, this is no longer needed
* cpufreq config scripts set the governor before the frequencies
* ondemand: ignore io_is_busy, improves battery
Version 5.2.11: December 7, 2013: Initial KK release: Linux 3.4.72, Optimizations
* Linux 3.4.72
* Various optimizations
crpalmer-droid-dna-5.x, a Kernel for the HTC Droid DNA
Kernel Special Features: