[Q] Software updates don't work.

Search This thread

cyanplace

Dec 7, 2013
Hey everybody, so i wile back I had a unlocked rooted Droid dna. I kinda messed it up and decided i wanted to get out of the android power user life. So i did this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2017525. Ever since then my phone has been fine. But, as some of you may known, they have put out a OTA update that I would really care to have. But, when I check for updates nothing happens. Ive tried rebooting my phone, doing the google services framework thing, even installing the RUU again! But nothing works. I really want to get out of this rooting life, and I want to update. Any droid dna owners (or other smart people) know whats wrong. THANKS!

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Hey everybody, so i wile back I had a unlocked rooted Droid dna. I kinda messed it up and decided i wanted to get out of the android power user life. So i did this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2017525. Ever since then my phone has been fine. But, as some of you may known, they have put out a OTA update that I would really care to have. But, when I check for updates nothing happens. Ive tried rebooting my phone, doing the google services framework thing, even installing the RUU again! But nothing works. I really want to get out of this rooting life, and I want to update. Any droid dna owners (or other smart people) know whats wrong. THANKS!

Is your device still bone stock.

Reactions: cyanplace

cyanplace

Dec 7, 2013
Yeah I think so. I relocked my bootloader, then flashhed that RUU. And im sorry I'm a noob

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Rumrunner is for 3.0

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Actually it is functional on 1.xx, 2.xx, and 3.xx

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

hey i'm sorry i'm such a noob. but i just want my phone to work so i can get off of this site and stop bugging you guys. So can you please give me as much help as possible. I'm sorry . thanks

Alright in that case just follow the RUU instructions.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Have you checked for the OTA while on Verizon's network? Not WiFi, but Verizon 3G/4G data? If you are on another network (att, tmo, etc) or WiFi, usually you will not see an update.

Sent from my DNA using my mind.

Top Liked Posts