XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dirty Camera Lens I9505

Tip us?

abbaskip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Dirty Camera Lens I9505

First things first, this isn't the clear covering that comes on the back camera lens. That's long gone from my phone.

I have a few black specks that I assume just be on my camera lens, that appear on every photo that I take. They don't seem to move regardless of what I do.

Is there any way to easily take the main piece of glass off and possibly clean the lens with a cue tip or similar? Or is there any other approach anyone can think of?

abbaskip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbaskip View Post
First things first, this isn't the clear covering that comes on the back camera lens. That's long gone from my phone.

I have a few black specks that I assume just be on my camera lens, that appear on every photo that I take. They don't seem to move regardless of what I do.

Is there any way to easily take the main piece of glass off and possibly clean the lens with a cue tip or similar? Or is there any other approach anyone can think of?
Anybody?

ongbac
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Disasseble the phone like in the video and you can easily open the camera lens and clean it.

http://youtu.be/zm4f2XjQLAM?t=10m58s
Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-i9505 (white frost)
iPod Touch 4G, Nokia 5610 XM, Nokia N72, Nokia 6230, Nokia 5110
The Following User Says Thank You to ongbac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbaskip View Post

Could be an issue with the cmos sensor the camera uses... If it's under warranty you might have it serviced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongbac View Post
Disasseble the phone like in the video and you can easily open the camera lens and clean it.

http://youtu.be/zm4f2XjQLAM?t=10m58s
Don't do this unless it's not under warranty. That WILL void your warranty. If you're not worried about that, then it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'd suggest contacting Samsung or taking it back to where you got it (if possible) and show them.
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abbaskip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
So I don't think it's the CMOS censor. It's about 10 black specs of different shapes on all my photos

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk