[HOW TO] Restore Stock ROM/Unbrick (SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET(GT-S5300)

Search This thread

voltaire23

Dec 4, 2013
In this Guide you will learn how to RESTORE STOCK ROM for your SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET Y (GT-S5300).
Don't worry this is easy like breaking a toothpick.. :D
NOTE:
*Make sure you have all these needed things and other resources before we actually to start out and flash a Stock ROM for Galaxy Pocket
*Make sure that you device has some juice in its battery nearly 60-70% to avoid any risk of hanging up the process while flashing the Stock ROM
*Make sure the USB debugging mode is enabled. It can be managed under the Setting->Application->Development->USB.DEBUGGING.
*The data on your phone might get erased while flashing, so don’t forget to backup with Titanium Backup.
*Also you need a PC with the drivers for your phone installed. You can download drivers from below..
*Also this is a step to Unbrick a Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)

Prerequisites:
*ODIN
*STOCK ROM
(Links Below)

Step-by-step guide to Install Official Stock ROM for Galaxy Pocket.
*Double check that you have correctly installed the USB drivers for you Phone and Downloaded Odin
*Switch OFF your device first
*Now boot it in Download Mode Press and Hold the Volume Down button + Home Button + Power
*Now connect your Phone to the Computer and Open Odin ( Ensure that when you connect your phone is still in Download Mode.)
*To check that your device is connected successfully or not just notice the ID:COM boxes, once they turn Yellow (Sometimes Blue) means your device is now connected successfully.
*Now in order to select the Downloaded Stock ROM you want to flash, Simply Click on ‘PDA’ and click on the file which you have downloaded below. (Extract the .zip file) (S5300XXLF5_S5300BTULF1_S5300XXLF5_HOME.tar.md5)
*Once you are done with all the previous steps, click on the Start Button in ODIN and wait for the process to complete.
*Once the installation is completed your phone will restart. Once your phone is all started up, you are good to go and unplug you device

*And Final Step Hit ''THANKS'' If i helped you in anyway i can.... :)) :good: :highfive:

STOCK ROM: www.4shared.com/zip/SZzB-egN/S5300XXLF5_S5300BTULF1_BTU.html
DRIVERS: www.mediafire.com/download/nos6u96mbucac83/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0.zip
OR
samsung.com/us/kies/

Attachments

• Odin3_v3.04.zip
    466.6 KB · Views: 58,290
Last edited:

j1mash

Mar 31, 2014
Eldoret
galaxy pocket gt s5300

hi,i like your solution but the things is that i followed all the steps,downloaded everything but it didn't work.Odin opens fine,it detects my gt s5300,i've put tar.md5 in the pda section & when i click on start the odin app behaves in such a way like it is running in background then it resume to its normal state & nothing is happenning to the phone,should i fill in csc & phone slots and if yes with what files,please help as soon as possible.(facebook am jm masha).

voltaire23

Dec 4, 2013
hi,i like your solution but the things is that i followed all the steps,downloaded everything but it didn't work.Odin opens fine,it detects my gt s5300,i've put tar.md5 in the pda section & when i click on start the odin app behaves in such a way like it is running in background then it resume to its normal state & nothing is happenning to the phone,should i fill in csc & phone slots and if yes with what files,please help as soon as possible.(facebook am jm masha).

i dont get it sir... you should fill PDA ONLY.

Last edited:

j1mash

Mar 31, 2014
Eldoret
gt s5300 stock rom

maybe it's the link cause i extracted it and it said 99% success & 1% error or how big should it be in megabites.

Fill all column except .pit slot . All other files can be downloaded (Just search in Google)..

Yelle Noe

Apr 11, 2014
I need help. How can I restore my samsung galaxy pocket original rom ?

How can I restore my samsung galaxy pocket original rom?
Or how can I update my software easily?

adilnaqvi0786

May 13, 2014
thanks

dear thanks alot i really done it thanks thanks thanks thanksthanks thanks thanks thanksthanks thanks thanks thanks

DaarkGhost

May 30, 2014
Ty

just created an acc to thank you dude. :D well explained.

Just one thing, the drivers you linked partially worked for me, i had to search for another one, but easy to find :D

Thanked*

Dark.

Echizen07

Jun 5, 2014
please reply!

Do I need the original usb cable to work, because i use cherry mobile usb cable to my samsung galaxy pocket and its not working, it keeps failing..:confused: please reply

Ailea

Jun 9, 2014
Help please

I read this forum and did all the steps.. but after it reboot.. it continous to reboot over and over again in the opening stage. What should I do? Please Help!

johnvill

Jun 19, 2014
Hello, can i have a nandroid backup of samsung galaxy pocket with its stock rom.
I just really need it because the jellyblast v3 rom is too laggy and i lost my nandroid backup...sorry for my bad english
pls reply asap, here is my email address : jhv2321@gmail.com ....tnx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this Guide you will learn how to RESTORE STOCK ROM for your SAMSUNG GALAXY POCKET Y (GT-S5300).
    Don't worry this is easy like breaking a toothpick.. :D
    NOTE:
    *Make sure you have all these needed things and other resources before we actually to start out and flash a Stock ROM for Galaxy Pocket
    *Make sure that you device has some juice in its battery nearly 60-70% to avoid any risk of hanging up the process while flashing the Stock ROM
    *Make sure the USB debugging mode is enabled. It can be managed under the Setting->Application->Development->USB.DEBUGGING.
    *The data on your phone might get erased while flashing, so don’t forget to backup with Titanium Backup.
    *Also you need a PC with the drivers for your phone installed. You can download drivers from below..
    *Also this is a step to Unbrick a Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300)

Prerequisites:
    *ODIN
    *STOCK ROM
    (Links Below)

Step-by-step guide to Install Official Stock ROM for Galaxy Pocket.
    *Double check that you have correctly installed the USB drivers for you Phone and Downloaded Odin
    *Switch OFF your device first
    *Now boot it in Download Mode Press and Hold the Volume Down button + Home Button + Power
    *Now connect your Phone to the Computer and Open Odin ( Ensure that when you connect your phone is still in Download Mode.)
    *To check that your device is connected successfully or not just notice the ID:COM boxes, once they turn Yellow (Sometimes Blue) means your device is now connected successfully.
    *Now in order to select the Downloaded Stock ROM you want to flash, Simply Click on ‘PDA’ and click on the file which you have downloaded below. (Extract the .zip file) (S5300XXLF5_S5300BTULF1_S5300XXLF5_HOME.tar.md5)
    *Once you are done with all the previous steps, click on the Start Button in ODIN and wait for the process to complete.
    *Once the installation is completed your phone will restart. Once your phone is all started up, you are good to go and unplug you device

*And Final Step Hit ''THANKS'' If i helped you in anyway i can.... :)) :good: :highfive:

STOCK ROM: www.4shared.com/zip/SZzB-egN/S5300XXLF5_S5300BTULF1_BTU.html
    DRIVERS: www.mediafire.com/download/nos6u96mbucac83/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0.zip
    OR
    samsung.com/us/kies/
    It didn't work for me. After flashing this stock rom my phone kept on restarting. Help!

*Edited, after booting to recovery mode and selected wipe data/factory reset everything went fine. Thanks for this! I already pressed thanks ;)
    hey - i'd really appreciate any help i can get on this issue. flashed a recovery to the gt-s5301, apparently corrupt... phone wont boot regularly or into recovery. i can get it into download mode but it isnt recognized by odin or pc, and dont think its a driver issue. it shows the samsung logo and stays at that. is there anyway to get it up and running again, or is this going to be my latest android failure?

Are you sure drivers are installed properly and your cable is working? Mine worked after installing kies even though I download the samsung drivers beforehand.
    Try installing different versions of Odin. It should detect your device after you press the Continue option in download mode.
    Can your PC detect your phone at all? like do you see a usb device in device manager?
    i faced the restart issue . so any one can tell me how to acess recovery to wipe data plz ?
    just pull out the battery then reinsert it then press and hold volume+ key and power key simultaneously and release it when screen come on. i think that should do the trick