Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Play Store on Kurio Touch 4S

Tip us?

bjornvil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Google Play Store on Kurio Touch 4S

Guys

Anybody have a way of sideloading the Play store onto a Kurio Touch 4S running Android 4.2.2. My daughter is used to playing with my Nexus 7 and wont be happy if she can't the Play store on there

CountryGirl8153
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'd like to know the answer to this as well :)

I have a Kurio Touch 4s, and Enable USB Debugging is not an option. The Developer section doesn't even exist in my settings. I can install the Google Play Store apk but it doesn't work and the script for the 7s hangs after "Starting daemon". Has anyone done this successfully?

bjornvil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl8153 View Post
I have a Kurio Touch 4s, and Enable USB Debugging is not an option. The Developer section doesn't even exist in my settings. I can install the Google Play Store apk but it doesn't work and the script for the 7s hangs after "Starting daemon". Has anyone done this successfully?
Did you go into About Tablet and press the "Build Number" 7 times to enable Developer Settings? I haven't tried it myself, but that's how it works on my Nexus devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjornvil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madmurdoch
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Developer setting works as per previous post but sideloading doesn't. The .bat file script floating around on the web is not for the "S". Kurio currently have their version of the O/S with Google awaiting approval and hopefully they will be sharing an OTA update soon WITH Google Play included.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmurdoch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CountryGirl8153
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornvil View Post
Did you go into About Tablet and press the "Build Number" 7 times to enable Developer Settings? I haven't tried it myself, but that's how it works on my Nexus devices.
Well that's good to know, I'm going to give it a shot when I get home, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmurdoch View Post
Developer setting works as per previous post but sideloading doesn't. The .bat file script floating around on the web is not for the "S". Kurio currently have their version of the O/S with Google awaiting approval and hopefully they will be sharing an OTA update soon WITH Google Play included.
Disappointing Anyone interested in trying to get one working on the 4s? If anyone would attempt it and there's anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. My 5 year old is used to my phone and tablet and has "favorite" apps that aren't available through Kurio (of course!), was hoping this handheld would give me my phone back but maybe not

kameleongt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl8153 View Post
Well that's good to know, I'm going to give it a shot when I get home, thanks!

Disappointing Anyone interested in trying to get one working on the 4s? If anyone would attempt it and there's anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. My 5 year old is used to my phone and tablet and has "favorite" apps that aren't available through Kurio (of course!), was hoping this handheld would give me my phone back but maybe not
I just picked up one of these for my daughter it is running 4.2.2 I opened up the developer settings and unknown resources trying to side load Play market with no luck. the full size ipad was to much to be carrying around. now my daughter feels like has a phone like mommy and daddy but no play market for her regular games.
(`..`..GS5, M8, G3..`..)

kyfeam
Old
Thanks Meter 3
you can side load individual .apk's I was able to install MX Video Player and Sky.FM among others.. just hunt down the .apk's and your all set.. quick fix until the Play Store is hopefully put on this thing eventually.. nothing for nothing.. but the Amazon App store sucks..

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

my only gripe is the home screen doesn't rotate to portrait.. really annoying.. and my screen orientation isn't locked.. surprised no one else has mentioned this..

no1important
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default install Google play store on kurio touch 4s

Get kurio ota zip
Get utoo root zip
Get lucky patcher apk
Flash utoo root in recovery mode
Install nodded play store from lucky patcher
Ota zip is your reset when you think you bricked your device

Ir0nsh007er
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Kurio team work on update for 4S.
This update already release for 7s and 10 by official dev team kurio

Envoy depuis mon SGH-T999V
Phone:____________Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-T999V) 16GB + 64GB
Software Number:__Android 4.1.1 JB + root66 + ClockworkMod 6.0.2.3
Baseband version:_T999VVLDLL1
Kernel version:____3.031-CL616748
Build Number:____JRO03L.T999VVLDLL1

kyfeam
Old
Thanks Meter 3
the update is out for the Kurio 4s.. it now has full access to the Google play store.. took a few tries and a lot of downloading but it does work.. just go to the Kurio settings and look for the update..