[Q] closest aosp stock 4.4.1 rom

Search This thread

bluerogue85

Aug 13, 2010
San Diego
which rom out there is the closest to stock aosp 4.4.1 possible that i can flash for my mk2 m919 tmobile. somehow i was able to upgrade and was able to root and now i can run customs roms. but i want a stock rom. is it possible to get the google edition s4 to m919? i would also like to use isis but says cant cause im rooted. any bypass? im also trying to unlock my att s4 but no luck. so my wife can use. i have a feeling its the software im running the latest on it. thanks everyone.

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
Look in the development section. I think virgin is the closest

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2013
New York, NY
The CM nightlies are probably the furthest from stock 4.4.1 that you'll find. There's the unofficial Carbon 4.4.1 nightlies but having never used that ROM I can't say how close to stock it is. There are two Google Edition 4.4 ROMs though, Dandroid and Virgin. I'm using Dandroid and it's by far the best 4.4 ROM I've tried so far. Not sure about VirginROM but Dandroid does have the 4.4.1 camera.

bluerogue85

Aug 13, 2010
San Diego
Thanks guys! But what about unlocking! I can't root my s4 att it's on 4.3 I want to use it so bad for tmobile for my wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

bluerogue85

Aug 13, 2010
San Diego
Besides being closest to stock. Which one of the two has the features like Samsung? Smart pause, air view, air gesture, ir blaster, etc. Virgin or dandroid?? And also compatible with 4.4+ KitKat?? I also need isis and Google wallet to work with it. :confused:

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
Besides being closest to stock. Which one of the two has the features like Samsung? Smart pause, air view, air gesture, ir blaster, etc. Virgin or dandroid?? And also compatible with 4.4+ KitKat?? I also need isis and Google wallet to work with it. :confused:

Only Touchwiz roms will have the samsung features. The closest you're going to get is to run an AOSP based launcher like Apex or Nova on top of a Touchwiz rom. I believe Isis won't work if the phone has been rooted. There is a google wallet fix available to make it work with NFC.

bluerogue85

Aug 13, 2010
San Diego
I know there's a bypass for isis if it's rooted just wondering if it's compatible with KitKat, with wallet too. Guess I'll have to read around more..Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The CM nightlies are probably the furthest from stock 4.4.1 that you'll find. There's the unofficial Carbon 4.4.1 nightlies but having never used that ROM I can't say how close to stock it is. There are two Google Edition 4.4 ROMs though, Dandroid and Virgin. I'm using Dandroid and it's by far the best 4.4 ROM I've tried so far. Not sure about VirginROM but Dandroid does have the 4.4.1 camera.
    Probably the cyanogen nightlies are what you should flash for 4.4.1: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jfltetmo

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app