[GNL] Official Google Now Launcher v1.1.0.11 for All Android Devices [Play Store]

8th December 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 85

41 posts
More

Google has just officially released the Google Now Launcher on the Play Store and made it compatible with all devices with Android v4.1 or Later, including Google Nexus devices and the Play Edition devices (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, Galaxy S4 GPe, HTC One GPe, Moto G GPe, Xperia Z Ultra GPe and the LG G Pad 8.3 GPe). You can Now Install directly from the Play Store which is easier to get future updates.

GNL Key Features :
  • Google Now on your home screen - it's easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
  • Just say "Ok Google" - when you're on your home screen, just say "Ok Google" to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
  • Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
  • Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
  • Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
  • Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.

If your device is not supported, you can try the APK link below.
Last edited by JosephRaphael; 2nd August 2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: GNL Updated
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to JosephRaphael For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 65

186 posts
More
Thanks! No graphical glitches! Seems this is N10 ready !
9th December 2013, 04:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

193 posts
Thanks. So far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by Bigralphn; 9th December 2013 at 05:11 AM.
9th December 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 75

327 posts
More
Please change to a download host I don't have to install an app to use.
Last edited by ZanshinG1; 9th December 2013 at 03:03 PM.
9th December 2013, 03:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 85

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanshinG1

Sorry for that, I just added a Google Drive mirror
9th December 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,219

3,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
I honestly have no idea what they could have changed because the GoogleHome APK does next to nothing. All the code for the GEL is actually in the Google Search APK. All this GoogleHome.apk file does is provide a bridge to Google Search and give you the option of running the GEL. The reason the file is 12 MB is basically all the wallpapers that it includes. That's really it. I mean, obviously they changed *something*, but I'd be shocked if there were any performance improvements or bug fixes. Very strange indeed. Thanks for posting, nonetheless. It's always good to stay on top of the latest versions of stuff like this.
9th December 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #7  

193 posts
I don't know but mine seems snappy, at least compared to what it was, and really seems to be working well on my Nexus 10

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
9th December 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,219

3,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigralphn

I don't know but mine seems snappy, at least compared to what it was, and really seems to be working well on my Nexus 10

Well that's good, then. Who knows, maybe there is some kind of code in that APK other than being a bridge. We'll probably never know for sure. haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2013, 04:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
From Reddit :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...er_gel/cdxfeho

Quote:

This is completely misleading and even plain false.

This app is just a stub that has no code other than a few lines to call the real GEL which is inside the search app (which was not updated with KitKat). There are no code changes between this and v0.9, so the changelog seems to be pulled straight out of the rear.

You will gain literally nothing by installing it.

9th December 2013, 04:19 PM   |  #10  

193 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanshinG1

Just change your browser to desktop mode to use the link.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by max909

From Reddit :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...er_gel/cdxfeho

That is interesting. I wonder why it is working better for me. I will play for a day and see if it starts lagging like it did before. If not then the answer had to lie with a change in 4.4.1. Maybe a small code fix that improve performance. I will probably go back to another launcher anyway, but not until I test this well. Perhaps a framework tweak?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigralphn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread