[MOD][XPOSED][4.4] Enable Translucent Decor

Search This thread

UgglyNoodle

Aug 11, 2012
regularly.ugglynoodle.com
Translucent status and navigation bars in KitKat were disabled for the Nexus 10. This module enables them back for any apps which use them. (This module does not enable translucent status or navigations bars for any other apps.)

There is no settings activity. This module just does one thing for now.

Requires a KitKat-based ROM with the Xposed framework installed.

Props to @rovo89 for the awesome Xposed framework!

You can grab it from its Xposed Module Repository page.

Last edited:

jesus_c

Mar 15, 2007
MKADsk
Works well on rooted odexed stock 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 too
Thanks!

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 при помощи Tapatalk

Last edited:

UgglyNoodle

Aug 11, 2012
regularly.ugglynoodle.com
It would be great if it was made to work without spoofing a tablet (it can create issues with the correct representation of apps), so it would be great if a phone edition (say for nexus phones) of this great mod was to be released...

The mod should work for any device running KitKat. I thought that the Nexus 10 was the only KitKat device which didn't have translucency enabled, but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Reactions: livinitwarrior

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
The mod should work for any device running KitKat. I thought that the Nexus 10 was the only KitKat device which didn't have translucency enabled, but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Sadly it didn't work to my CM11 tablet, maybe it is because it is classed as a "low ram device" by the OS, but there, (to my experience at least) this mod only works to N10, out of the box at least...

knigitz

May 8, 2010
Can I use this for GEL on 4.3 On my Galaxy s4 GEL does not have a transparent status bar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

murfi

Jan 17, 2012
have nexus s, crespo. this module only works on the lock screen, not on the actual home screen. is there a way to make it work system wide?

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
So does this mod work on home screen using Google Now Launcher on 4.4.2?

Yes it does! Works wonderfully. Also recommend Xposed GEL Settings to increase the column count (Google reduced it from 8 to 6 for some reason).

Thanks OP for this awesome module! Don't know why Google couldn't have done this.

Last edited:

usafle

Nov 8, 2010
Newburgh
Lenovo P11
Yes it does! Works wonderfully. Also recommend Xposed GEL Settings to increase the column count (Google reduced it from 8 to 6 for some reason).

Thanks OP for this awesome module! Don't know why Google couldn't have done this.

What settings should the row be set at? I messed with it too much and now can't get it to look normal. Lol

Thanks for the heads up on the xposed repo. Its great.

jmetcalfe84

Dec 2, 2010
Cincinnati, OH

I tried installing this yesterday and my home screen still doesn't have the translucent bars. The only time its translucent is when its on the lock screen?

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
I tried installing this yesterday and my home screen still doesn't have the translucent bars. The only time its translucent is when its on the lock screen?

You need to use a launcher that actually makes use of the transparency feature. Think of the launcher just like any other app - if it doesn't request transparency, the bars will still be black. The stock launcher doesn't do this. You can use Google Now Launcher on the Play Store, Nova, or Apex I believe and you'll get the transparent bars.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

What settings should the row be set at? I messed with it too much and now can't get it to look normal. Lol

Thanks for the heads up on the xposed repo. Its great.

I set homescreen columns to 8 and icon size to 90 to get the right spacing everywhere.

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
It works fine on slimkat homescreen but not on lockscreen. Any idea why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Translucent status and navigation bars in KitKat were disabled for the Nexus 10. This module enables them back for any apps which use them. (This module does not enable translucent status or navigations bars for any other apps.)

There is no settings activity. This module just does one thing for now.

Requires a KitKat-based ROM with the Xposed framework installed.

Props to @rovo89 for the awesome Xposed framework!

You can grab it from its Xposed Module Repository page.
    It would be great if it was made to work without spoofing a tablet (it can create issues with the correct representation of apps), so it would be great if a phone edition (say for nexus phones) of this great mod was to be released...

Sadly it didn't work to my CM11 tablet, maybe it is because it is classed as a "low ram device" by the OS, but there, (to my experience at least) this mod only works to N10, out of the box at least...

Works for me on my Droid Maxx out of the box. :good: