noob download WinDroid HTC Rezound Toolkit 2.1.zip

Search This thread

jipper331

Dec 9, 2013
I have been trying to download the WinDroid HTC Rezound Toolkit 2.1.zip and everything I click on to download seems to be spam please help!
I just want to get root access for arliborator for appradio2. I have unlocked the bootloader on htcdev.
Thanks

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I have been trying to download the WinDroid HTC Rezound Toolkit 2.1.zip and everything I click on to download seems to be spam please help!
I just want to get root access for arliborator for appradio2. I have unlocked the bootloader on htcdev.
Thanks

if you want root all you gotta do is download amon ra 3.1.6 and flash it via fastboot....in that recovery you will see a developers option (advanced options) select that and inside it youll see install su & superuser...once you do that you are rooted bud

Reactions: jipper331

acejavelin

Yeah, the toolkit is... ummm... less than optimum.

Remember you don't even have to flash Amon Ra, or any other recovery... just download and unzip into your adb/fastboot directory, then reboot into hboot and start fastboot and enter:

fastboot boot recovery.img (replace "recovery.img" with the img name from the Amon Ra ZIP file)

then use the options in Amon Ra to install SuperSU (root) from there you can update to the latest version after it is installed.

Reactions: jipper331

jipper331

Dec 9, 2013

Remember you don't even have to flash Amon Ra, or any other recovery... just download and unzip into your adb/fastboot directory, then reboot into hboot and start fastboot and enter:

fastboot boot recovery.img (replace "recovery.img" with the img name from the Amon Ra ZIP file)

then use the options in Amon Ra to install SuperSU (root) from there you can update to the latest version after it is installed.

thank yall for the responses!
oh ok. Where would you download it from? Could you send me a link? It would be great if you could point me to a youtube video of someone doing it or I would need a little more in depth of what to do to install (step by step).

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
oh ok. Where would you download it from? Could you send me a link? It would be great if you could point me to a youtube video of someone doing it or I would need a little more in depth of what to do to install (step by step).

there is guides posted for this already...amon ra can be found in the rezound original development thread....at the top right type in the search options for it and it will come up...also in google type in rezound fastboot recovery and theres many ways to show you how....for fastbooting a recovery the code ace javelin posted above is correct...im not at all trying to come of rude just very busy developing kit kat right now

acejavelin

If your bootloader is unlocked already, then it is super simple because you are already unlocked and therefore have working ADB...

1) Just download a recovery, CWM, TWRP, or Amon Ra
2) Extract the ZIP to your [adb sdk directory]\platform-tools\ directory (or mini-adb if you went that route)
3) Download the latest SuperSU here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
4) Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip to the root of your SD Card
5) On your PC open a command prompt in your adb directory
6) type "adb reboot bootloader", wait for it to complete and start fastboot
7) type "fastboot boot recovery.img" (substitute the name of the img file from the recovery zip for recovery.img)
8) Install/flash (depending on recovery) and find the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip file and install/flash it
9) reboot
10) done, enjoy root

Last edited:

Lodingi

If your bootloader is unlocked already, then it is super simple because you are already unlocked and therefore have working ADB...

1) Just download a recovery, CWM, TWRP, or Amon Ra
2) Extract the ZIP to your [adb sdk directory]\platform-tools\ directory (or mini-adb if you went that route)
3) Download the latest SuperSU here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
4) Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip to the root of your SD Card
5) On your PC open a command prompt in your adb directory
6) type "adb reboot bootloader", wait for it to complete and start fastboot
7) type "fastboot boot recovery.img" (substitute the name of the img file from the recovery zip for recovery.img)
8) Install/flash (depending on recovery) and find the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip file and install/flash it
9) reboot
10) done, enjoy root

Will this work on Windows 8.1 64 bit? I've managed to unlock the bootloader, but cannot get SU installed. Thanks.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I think you need different drivers for Windows 8, I don't have a Windows 8 machine so I really can't help you with that, sorey... Maybe @REV3NT3CH can help here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sadly with windows 8 drivers can be a big issue...i do have some drivers that may work that i can upload when i get back from lunch but cant guarantee if it will...its trial and error for some people...windows 8 to me anyway has still way too many bugs to iron out so i try to stay away from it but ill be glad to help with what i can do

Bill-dry

Dec 13, 2013
[

found the twrp link and downloaded it. Verizon Open Recovery - TWRP
Then copied it to where my fastboot file is.
C:\Android\

then tried fastboot thing again nothing.................,

Last edited:

acejavelin

[

found the twrp link and downloaded it. Verizon Open Recovery - TWRP
Then copied it to where my fastboot file is.
C:\Android\

then tried fastboot thing again nothing.................,

When in fastboot, type fastboot devices and see if it sees your phone... My guess is you have a driver issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

if you want root all you gotta do is download amon ra 3.1.6 and flash it via fastboot....in that recovery you will see a developers option (advanced options) select that and inside it youll see install su & superuser...once you do that you are rooted bud