Xperia Z Tablet Bricked

Search This thread

WeRunTheNite

Dec 9, 2013
Hey,

I have a problem. My tablet is SGP312 has Cyanogenmod 11 (FXP247 - Android 4.4). It was bricked when I type in Terminal:

Code:
su
reboot recovery

Was turned off and will not turn on at all. :(

Power button = NOTHING
Power button + Vol(+) 3/10/25 secs = NOTHING
Power button + Vol(-) 3/10/25 secs = NOTHING
Power button + Voll(+) + USB = NOTHING

No LED light, It's literally a paperweight. I can't even put it into Flashmode. :(

Please help me!

hassanman1997

Nov 16, 2012

Are you sure u can't put it in to flash mode, because that's the first thing I would do

Try putting it into fast boot mode

Hold volume up button and keep holding it and connect it to the pc

If you see blue light on your tablet, it means it has successfully entered fast boot mode

Make sure all the drivers are installed

Or

Follow the following procedures

Install Sony Ericsson flash tool and install all the drivers

Hold volume down button and keep holding it and connect it to pc

Once you hear the connecting sound our Any notification on your pc saying that it is connected, go ahead and flash the ftf file

WeRunTheNite

Dec 9, 2013
Are you sure u can't put it in to flash mode, because that's the first thing I would do

Try putting it into fast boot mode

Hold volume up button and keep holding it and connect it to the pc

If you see blue light on your tablet, it means it has successfully entered fast boot mode

Make sure all the drivers are installed

Or

Follow the following procedures

Install Sony Ericsson flash tool and install all the drivers

Hold volume down button and keep holding it and connect it to pc

Once you hear the connecting sound our Any notification on your pc saying that it is connected, go ahead and flash the ftf file

When I hold volume up or volume down and connect it to PC, light turn on in red color. Flashtool says "device connected with usb debugging off" but tablet is off! :(

hassanman1997

Nov 16, 2012
Driver

When I hold volume up or volume down and connect it to PC, light turn on in red color. Flashtool says "device connected with usb debugging off" but tablet is off! :(

in my opinion, the drivers are not correctly installed

http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-tablet-z-sgp311-sgp312-driver/

go to the website and download and load the drivers on your pc

its just weird that it says device connected with Usb debugging off when it is actually powered off

try charging your device, maybe the battery needs to be charged leave it there for atleast 30 mins then try the steps

let us know if you fixed it or not :confused:

Last edited:

79bass

Jul 19, 2010
Copenhagen
in my opinion, the drivers are not correctly installed

http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-tablet-z-sgp311-sgp312-driver/

go to the website and download and load the drivers on your pc

its just weird that it says device connected with Usb debugging off when it is actually powered off

try charging your device, maybe the battery needs to be charged leave it there for atleast 30 mins then try the steps

let us know if you fixed it or not :confused:

I have a similar problem, I've flashed plenty of devices before, never briked a thing.
By unloking the bootloader the data partition of my brand new tablet Z went corrupted. I've tried to flash several firmware but none was succesfull (couldn't format data...), and finally it get totally bricked! no light, nothing... I was not even able to put it in flash mode (no light ever!).

I've tried after a while, I've read with some other Xperia devices, it would be possible to recover it after some time, by letting the battery die, then use some rubber trick to keep vol- pressed... you can find it in XDA forums what I'm talking about. However after a month my tablet was still dead. no light, no nothing!

I've sent it to warranty and the just said that "an alternative firmware was flashed" (voiding the warranty) "and has rendered the logic board unusable".... and they have to order a new unit!!

I feel so surprise that even the cheapest chinese tablet have an harware mode that allow to reflash and resuscitate it back to factory... even if the firmware is completely screwed, and a 600$ tablet for a simple bootloader unlock got totaly bricked.

I wonder if there is an "hardware" way to recover the tablet (I saw it's pretty easy to tear down the Xperia tablet Z), by directly accessing the NAND... or by accessing some PIN (well I know sony would have not leaked such information)