[Q] [St18i] Xperia Ray running CM 11 [KitKat] got unrooted.How to root again ?

Search This thread

fahim6119

Dec 9, 2013
Hi !
I am Fahim, Yesterday I unlocked the bootloader & rooted my ray.then I installed the LegacyXperia made CM11 ROM for my Xperia Ray[urushi]. CWM was installed and I had made a Nandroid backup.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545359

The device was running fine, suddenly the SU app prompted to "update Binary" & I accepted to do it.Then the device rebooted into recovery mood and asked if I wanted to Root ? I thought updating the SU needs to root it again, so I pressed yes,Then the phone rebooted and suddenly the superuser app was not working.Several problems occurred-
1. The CWM app was gone.
2. The Titanium Backup app was showing "Root Access not Granted" and showed a Cross sign beside the Root Access tab,
3. I couldn't get into the Freedom app as it was prompting- "Root permission needed to use this app"[I ticked the Freecore option in this app earlier].
4.Through the Terminal Emulator app I assured my device was "NOT rooted" now.
5. I tried to access the 'Play Store' and it was showing No Connection.Though I could browse the internet through the default browser.then, I tried to connect through Mobile Data- everything worked but the play store couldn't connect.
6.My PC doesn't show my device anymore, though the device is getting charged and "Connected as a Media Device"

So what should I do now ? I can't download apps through Play store, I can't sideload apps...I am totally stuck., Screenshot_2013-12-09-11-22-55.png

fahim6119

Dec 9, 2013
X-parts shows DEVICE IS UNSUPPORTED

Flash kernel again. You should be able to enter CWM and restore backup.

I installed the x-parts.apk version 7 [The current version on the play store] by sideloading it through the micro-SD card.but now it shows "Your phone is currently unsupported" in the installs tab & in the Tools tab it shows "Soory ! Root & CWM required to use these functions".So I think, Clockwork is not working & my device is not rooted currently.So how can I flash the kernel now ?

Even if I can FASTBOOT the 'boot.img' , I can't flash the ROM without CWM..So what should I do ?

ivosat

Jun 25, 2012
CWM is inside Boot.img, so if you are able to flash kernel ( boot.img ), you should have working CWM. You can try to flash stock rom ( use only Flashtool, do not try to use sony programs ), then flash boot.img in the way you flashed the first time, enter CWM by pressing Vol- when phone boots, and restore your backup or install rom again.

fahim6119

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks

CWM is inside Boot.img, so if you are able to flash kernel ( boot.img ), you should have working CWM. You can try to flash stock rom ( use only Flashtool, do not try to use sony programs ), then flash boot.img in the way you flashed the first time, enter CWM by pressing Vol- when phone boots, and restore your backup or install rom again.

Thanks a lot man...It worked