XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi tether on unlimited data?

Tip us?

Sugnim91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wifi tether on unlimited data?

I want to be able to take advantage of my unlimited data and use the wifi hot-spot feature without paying for it any ideas on how to do this. not my first time rooting an android device but first time trying to break past wifi tether feature

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sugnim91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twist
Old
Thanks Meter 45
There are people said to have gotten it working in diff environments if you read around, and this doesn't really belong in the dev section,

Hathoid
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugnim91 View Post
I want to be able to take advantage of my unlimited data and use the wifi hot-spot feature without paying for it any ideas on how to do this. not my first time rooting an android device but first time trying to break past wifi tether feature

There is a Q&A section for a reason buddy, This is only for Development.

jonathanm1978
Old
Thanks Meter 9
You can call Sprint and add Hotspot to your account...instead of violating the ToS and being one of the people who help put an end to unlimited data. If $20 more / month is the difference in bills being paid or not, then maybe cell phones aren't your cup'o'tea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonathanm1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigpappa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Respectfully, I disagree. This is the development section and this mod SHOULD be under development. Why it isnt, I still dont understand. It is a mod people want regardless of how anyone feels about breaking ToS, which by the way, is a rediculous argument.

I dont see this being under the dev section as litter. It should be developed, and have ongoing work if needed, just like any other Rom or software for the sprint G2.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigpappa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hathoid
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappa View Post
Respectfully, I disagree. This is the development section and this mod SHOULD be under development. Why it isnt, I still dont understand. It is a mod people want regardless of how anyone feels about breaking ToS, which by the way, is a rediculous argument.

I dont see this being under the dev section as litter. It should be developed, and have ongoing work if needed, just like any other Rom or software for the sprint G2.
I agree to the degree that there should be a subforum for requests, I think it's more a reason of organization then just ToS. But I understand where you are coming from. If it were up to me, I'd also create a thread about unlocking the phone's GSM capabilities, which imo, is also a pretty important part of dev.

thznutz87
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Just get foxfi it works on every phone. Google has the pro key, I'm sure, for you people that don't want to shell out the 5 bucks.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

bigpappa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I have it, and that info is incorrect. Foxfi does not work on many phones right now. LG G2 included.

jonathanm1978
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappa View Post

It's not a "rediculous" argument..nor is it a ridiculous argument either. You talking about circumventing -- purposely, in order to gain something for free that is a paid service. This should be discussed right along with IMEI switching and ESN switching...because it falls into that category. If you're gonna steal, do it right...steal the phone, circumvent the bad/blacklisted ESN and go all-out to get some free data.

I've had this in every ROM I put on my GS3 and even my old Optimus S...and never used it because I didn't pay for it. Was it unlocked? I guess so, it was in the menu...but it wasn't something I wanted to break my morals in order to use.
People want this then they wonder why carriers want to increase prices and charge more / add data caps. This is the exact reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonathanm1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchlbenner
Old
Thanks Meter 431
This is a development thread not ? Thread.
I will ask to close this thread

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda premium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mchlbenner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]