XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Set to Receive an Update

Tip us?

FAUguy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow View Post
Have you tried to install the update through Kies3? If the OTA is a fail, that is usually the best way.
I don't think it is in Kies yet, as it shows MJ7 as being the current firmware.

KachowPow
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
I don't think it is in Kies yet, as it shows MJ7 as being the current firmware.
Good point, just checked should be up in a few hours, hopefully (that's a good place to go.) Has anyone extracted a copy of the OTA that can be installed manually in Android Stock Recovery or sideloaded?

mjh68
Old
(Last edited by mjh68; 10th December 2013 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 309
Just to let everyone know. I was on Mj7 running beans on slot 1 , scott's rom in stock slot. update kept failing even after unrooting so I odin'd back to stock mj7 then update was successful. I then used the latest version of Kingo app and rerooted successfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tlgem
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Just to make sure, as before with SuperSU Pro it was [disable Superuser] & [enable Survival mode] with nothing different, right...
Waiting to see if this works with this update myself
If I remember I had to unfreeze & reinstall all the stock stuff too before the last one would take

neopolotin75
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
But after removing everything and having Kingo remove the root, the system status is shown as "Official" not "Custom".
Unless there is another file that is missing or modified, and is preventing the update from installing.
The only way to get custom gone is to odin to stock. You can unroot but your device will still show that it was rooted. I believe your true status is shown in the stock recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopolotin75 View Post
The only way to get custom gone is to odin to stock. You can unroot but your device will still show that it was rooted. I believe your true status is shown in the stock recovery.

Well, in download mode it showed my status as official with Knox 0x0 so not sure what the difference is in stock recovery. Either way I couldn't get update to take until I odin'd to stock. Keeping root in survival mode didn't bother me since I had used kingo before. Regardless , I now have the update with root so it's all good

G8orDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Just to make sure, as before with SuperSU Pro it was [disable Superuser] & [enable Survival mode] with nothing different, right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
Waiting to see if this works with this update myself
If I remember I had to unfreeze & reinstall all the stock stuff too before the last one would take
YMMV, but all I did was rename the default clock app and odex back to their original names (I had renamed them so I didn't have multiple clocks), disabled SuperSU and set it to Survival mode and launched the update. It was successful. I then re-enabled SuperSu and all is well. I was pretty much bone stock except for Wanam, which I did not uninstall or even change anything. I did not have SafeStrap installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-10-15-21-51.png
Views:	203
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	2446708
The Following User Says Thank You to G8orDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchlwvr614
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can someone double check the home button hot spot bypass. It doesn't seem to work anymore!

NeoMagus
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlwvr614 View Post
Can someone double check the home button hot spot bypass. It doesn't seem to work anymore!

One of the mentioned updates on the little graphic for the update was "Mobile Hotspot reliability has been improved" ..I figured they would fix that
Nexus 10 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
Nexus 7 16GB C8 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Nexus 32GB 4.4.2 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy SIII 32GB 4.4.2 CM11 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Note 3 4.3 / Rooted

"Executing sudo command."

Elganja
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMagus View Post
One of the mentioned updates on the little graphic for the update was "Mobile Hotspot reliability has been improved" ..I figured they would fix that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchlwvr614 View Post

can confirm this no longer works... guess it's time for a custom ROM now!