XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Uncomfortable wriststrap

Tip us?

tony yayo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default Uncomfortable wriststrap

I can't seem to get my watch to fit just right. It's either too tight or too loose. Trying to come up with a way to alleviate the problem. If there was a hole in the middle of the 2 I've tried, it would be perfect. Thinking if there was some kind of small cushiony sleeve but with the way everything bends I have no idea how I could do it. Wondering if anyone else has this problem and has any suggestions?

koiulpoi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
My problem was that the metal rubbed against my arm and irritated it. Some moleskin solved that pretty quick.

Ragnarkov
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've heard some people use wrist bands (like what tennis players wear) to both make the watch stay in one place, feel more comfortable, and to prevent any possible sweat from entering the small hole behind the camera (although whether or not this would actually BE a problem remains to be seen).

You can find wrist bands in a variety of colors and materials, so it might be a possible solution. I've already thought about it myself, should I get a gear (my wrist is a tad on the thin side).

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
My trek through cellphone history:

Nokia 252 - Green
Mitsubishi Trium Astral - White
Samsung SGH-2200
Nokia 3100???
Motorola RAZR
Samsung u510
Samsung Instinct
Samsung Omnia II
HTC Desire Z
Samsung Galaxy Note 1 - 16GB - White
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB - Black **Surprisingly, under warranty, they even fixed the physical damage I caused. Go figure...**

tony yayo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiulpoi View Post
My problem was that the metal rubbed against my arm and irritated it. Some moleskin solved that pretty quick.
That's kind of what I'm talking about but if there was a way to bring that metal joint closer to the wriststrap and not popping out it wouldn't poke into my wrist. I guess in a pinch I could always try poking out a new notch in between the 2 I've tried. Rather not do that though.

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Use it in the tightest hole, it will stretch a bit after a few days, also make sure to fit it at the right height on you arm and rotate around your wrist until you find the perfect spot. This is what I did, no need to wear a silly tennis wrist band lol

SGS3 TMO
Rom - TW 4.3 Leak #2
Galaxy Gear - MK7 firmware

highlordkram
Old
(Last edited by highlordkram; 9th December 2013 at 05:33 AM.) Reason: duplicate
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81 View Post
Use it in the tightest hole, it will stretch a bit after a few days, also make sure to fit it at the right height on you arm and rotate around your wrist until you find the perfect spot. This is what I did, no need to wear a silly tennis wrist band lol
Sorry I have it on the second hole from the end and it is perfect, but I guess I have a large wrist.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

hausman
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Yes, I have this problem and I don't believe wearing it "tight" is going to stretch anything.

I have a leather punch I've been eyeing with respect to adding a hole...LOL. But I don't have the guts to try it, particularly since the hole is thicker on one side than the other and I'm not sure how to replicate that.

Drives me nuts. If they'd only put a finer adjustment in the metal clasp part like some of my other watches have...the price would have gone up. But it would be more comfortable for us in-between folks.

Maybe (as someone else noted) a moleskin or felt pad along the flat back side of the watch would help?

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 36
It does actually stretch a little if you set on the tightest hole your wrist can take, just accommodate it around your wrist so that the metal doesn't hurt your skin. I've noticed it firs tight in the morning and it eases up after a few minutes. If you are planning on punching a hole, just remember that wire runs down the bracelet from the watch to the speaker and camera.

SGS3 TMO
Rom - TW 4.3 Leak #2
Galaxy Gear - MK7 firmware

tony yayo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81 View Post
It does actually stretch a little if you set on the tightest hole your wrist can take, just accommodate it around your wrist so that the metal doesn't hurt your skin. I've noticed it firs tight in the morning and it eases up after a few minutes. If you are planning on punching a hole, just remember that wire runs down the bracelet from the watch to the speaker and camera.
The speaker and camera are on the other half of the strap.

StaticMatt
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I used a leather punch on mine and it worked great. Although the hole isn't tapered like the original holes it still looks great and fits perfectly now.

The Following User Says Thank You to StaticMatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]