5,604,050 Members 46,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android System is draining my battery!!

Tip us?

mshart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android System is draining my battery!!

I just got the Note 2 in October of this year. I have always been amazed at the battery life. With regular use, texting, emails, internet and phone calls (nothing crazy), I easily could go 2 days on a charge. Now for the past few days, I am already at 71% and it's just 11am. I can't figure out what is going on. my battery meter shows the Screen as first then Android System next at 22%....Easily dropping 5-10% per hour. Help!!

mshart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshart View Post
I just got the Note 2 in October of this year. I have always been amazed at the battery life. With regular use, texting, emails, internet and phone calls (nothing crazy), I easily could go 2 days on a charge. Now for the past few days, I am already at 71% and it's just 11am. I can't figure out what is going on. my battery meter shows the Screen as first then Android System next at 22%....Easily dropping 5-10% per hour. Help!!

It is running on Android 4.1.2. All of these things I am reading about rooting and stuff are foreign to me. I just want my battery life back. Any help would be appreciated.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Have you adjusted anything with your brightness? You may have accidentally turned off auto adjustment if you were using it previously. If that's not it I'd suggest a hard reset. If that cures it you can most likely chalk it up to a recently downloaded app.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mshart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes I keep it on auto brightness...

louforgiveno
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
yes I keep it on auto brightness...
When you get a chance run the battery down to 1% then power off and let charge for at least 20 min after light turns green. ..you'll probably see immediate improvement
"Squeal Like a Pig"

madsquabbles
Old
Thanks Meter 249
i've had to move google play services as a user app with titanium and then greenify it. all my devices started getting big time standby drain last month from google play services.

i do have the donation version of greenify, but i didn't feel like installing xposed to use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to madsquabbles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mshart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OMGosh...I updated to 4.3 and did a factory reset as well and it is not helping! What does it mean to "root" your phone? Will rooting the Note 2 nullify my Samsung warranty? Someone please help....

coolwater22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
OMGosh...I updated to 4.3 and did a factory reset as well and it is not helping! What does it mean to "root" your phone? Will rooting the Note 2 nullify my Samsung warranty? Someone please help....
yes rooting will void your warranty but there are methods you can do to unroot it and have it go back to stock rom. I, as well as most of the people in this community get better battery if you root your rom and install a custom kernel, you will get better battery life.

one app that I found that I use daily is 2x battery pro. it's not free though.. there is a setting on the app that lets you turn off any background data while the phone is idle; you will still get calls and texts though. this will give you longer battery life. when you turn your phone on data will come back on. I get around one day and a few hours from the charge. check it out man. might help you..