5,597,501 Members 31,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

anyone buy accessories from Walmart for the note 3?

Tip us?

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Question anyone buy accessories from Walmart for the note 3?

So, I was looking for cases, etc, and went to walmart online site and did a search for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 cases and found a bunch of stuff. yes, their tag ging sucks and I got a bunch of results that included S3 and iphone (??).

However, amongst all the irrelevant results there were a lot of cases and charging cables (does anyone know of anywhere to get some of those proprietary cables cheap, by the way?) on the walmart site. Almost all of them have free shipping.

Oh, and they're by some no name brand, "Insten".

Are these any good accessories and has anyone bought them?

Just any advice would be most appreciated.

gcforreal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I would like to know this as well..one seen the off brand online products for the note 3 but Walmart stores refuses to acknowledge the note 3 existence in its stores ..no accessories what so ever ..at least not where I've checked ..I might take a gamble on a few charging cables though

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Paulita1
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstead2 View Post
No, I don't buy from walmart. I prefer to buy from zerolemon.
I also like to buy from Zerolemon

AngryManMLS
Old
Thanks Meter 637

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcforreal View Post
I would like to know this as well..one seen the off brand online products for the note 3 but Walmart stores refuses to acknowledge the note 3 existence in its stores ..no accessories what so ever ..at least not where I've checked ..I might take a gamble on a few charging cables though
To be fair I can understand why Walmart acts like the Note 3 doesn't exist. It's because their customers aren't the type that would buy such an device like this. I mean watch their TV ads. Their typical advertised smart phone is low to mid end ones. So why bother trying to carry accessories for a product that their typical customers have no interest in.

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryManMLS View Post
To be fair I can understand why Walmart acts like the Note 3 doesn't exist. It's because their customers aren't the type that would buy such an device like this. I mean watch their TV ads. Their typical advertised smart phone is low to mid end ones. So why bother trying to carry accessories for a product that their typical customers have no interest in.
But, they are carrying accessories AND this phone. Just probably not in their stores.

AngryManMLS
Old
Thanks Meter 637

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
But, they are carrying accessories AND this phone. Just probably not in their stores.
Yeah on Walmart.com they are. But from the customers I see in their stores not to mention a few reactions I've gotten when using my Note 3 while at Walmart let's just say that the Note 3 might be a bit too much for them.

Heck just glance at People Of Walmart sometime. You really want those people carrying around our beloved Note 3? Be honest now.

gcforreal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yeah on Walmart.com they are. But from the customers I see in their stores not to mention a few reactions I've gotten when using my Note 3 while at Walmart let's just say that the Note 3 might be a bit too much for them.

Heck just glance at People Of Walmart sometime. You really want those people carrying around our beloved Note 3? Be honest now.
I understand what you're saying but they carry other high end smartphone accessories for phones such the 5s...The moto. X..LG g2..The htc one ..and when the note 2 was still dominant I got plenty of cases from the store itself ...it's really not a clear reason why they don't support the note 3 in stores

AngryManMLS
Old
Thanks Meter 637

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcforreal View Post
I understand what you're saying but they carry other high end smartphone accessories for phones such the 5s...The moto. X..LG g2..The htc one ..and when the note 2 was still dominant I got plenty of cases from the store itself ...it's really not a clear reason why they don't support the note 3 in stores
Yeah but the difference is that Walmart carries the iCrap 5S in store. I've never seen the Note 3 itself at my local Walmart stores let alone the Note 2 for that matter.

gcforreal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yea I've never seen the note 3 in there but I've definitely seen the note 2 for sale in store and other high end devices and accessories for them ...weird .I guess it depends on the location

sanjsrik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Yeah but the difference is that Walmart carries the iCrap 5S in store. I've never seen the Note 3 itself at my local Walmart stores let alone the Note 2 for that matter.
The iPhone for good, bad, or otherwise, is where it is because of marketing. The device isn't any better, it's actually, in a lot of ways worse, but how many people who can't even turn on their computers buy it? They do because they don't want to know what is happening under the hood. Yes, the device and all accessories are more expensive, but 99.9% of the people buying it are clueless.

There are no walmarts in NYC, so I wasn't sure if they carried any N3 or accessories for it. Now, you guys have answered my question, thanks.