XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help rooting Samsung Galaxy Young s6310

Tip us?

vladovescu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] Need help rooting Samsung Galaxy Young s6310

Hello, everybody! I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Young s6310 and I want to root it. I have read about rooting, and about different methods of doing so, and I resorted to Framaroot, which didn't quite work. I tried many versions of Framaroot, and every single try had two outcomes: the Aragorn exploit didn't work, the Gandalf crashed (I tried restarting the app 5 or 6 times, but still it wouldn't work).
So Framaroot would be out of the picture. A quick mention: my phone had JB 4.1.2 as a default OS, and most of them come with GB 2.3.6.
I abandoned the idea of rooting it with Framaroot, and I saw another possibility in SRSROOT. Did anyone root his phone with SRSROOT? Are there any risks involved? (mainly in the rooting process, not what it implies afterwards) I have heard that this method is safe, because no flash is required, you just connect your phone to USB, press a button and it's done. Another method I found was the Unlockroot application.
What is the simplest method to root my phone? And the safest one, of course.

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladovescu View Post
Hello, everybody! I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Young s6310 and I want to root it. I have read about rooting, and about different methods of doing so, and I resorted to Framaroot, which didn't quite work. I tried many versions of Framaroot, and every single try had two outcomes: the Aragorn exploit didn't work, the Gandalf crashed (I tried restarting the app 5 or 6 times, but still it wouldn't work).
So Framaroot would be out of the picture. A quick mention: my phone had JB 4.1.2 as a default OS, and most of them come with GB 2.3.6.
I abandoned the idea of rooting it with Framaroot, and I saw another possibility in SRSROOT. Did anyone root his phone with SRSROOT? Are there any risks involved? (mainly in the rooting process, not what it implies afterwards) I have heard that this method is safe, because no flash is required, you just connect your phone to USB, press a button and it's done. Another method I found was the Unlockroot application.
What is the simplest method to root my phone? And the safest one, of course.
I have a Galaxy Nexus so I don't know many ways to root the Galaxy Y. But I have a solution to root it that almost certainly will work.
First flash or boot a custom recovery than flash the latest supersu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

NSDCars5
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Here's a CWM recovery for your phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2328771
It says there to "flash with Odin". Not sure how to do that, you might want to check Google.

vladovescu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried flashing a recovery file from Djalo96's FTP, and Odin doesn't recognize my phone while in download mode, and yes, I have the ADB and fastboot drivers. Odin detects my phone while in normal mode, but when in download, it doesn't show me anything. Sheesh, I never knew it was SO hard to root a phone. I heard something about unlocking the bootloader. I understand the concept behind this, but how do I achieve that?
P.S. I tried rooting it with Unlockroot Pro and SRSROOT and it didn't work. I suppose it's because of this bootloader issue.

vendigoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try universal root method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2403230 it worked on my S6310N

mjz2cool
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladovescu View Post
I tried flashing a recovery file from Djalo96's FTP, and Odin doesn't recognize my phone while in download mode, and yes, I have the ADB and fastboot drivers. Odin detects my phone while in normal mode, but when in download, it doesn't show me anything. Sheesh, I never knew it was SO hard to root a phone. I heard something about unlocking the bootloader. I understand the concept behind this, but how do I achieve that?
P.S. I tried rooting it with Unlockroot Pro and SRSROOT and it didn't work. I suppose it's because of this bootloader issue.
you have the samsung drivers do you? you don't need to unlock anything, i have rooted mine with the same guide, and it worked, so if you have installed kies or just the samsung usb driver it should work. you dont need adb or fastboot drivers, odin and samsung drivers should be enough
Phones used: Samsung sgh-something (with the antenna and color led ), Nokia 6320i, Nokia N70, Samsung Omnia I900, Samsung Chat 335, Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Young (S6310N), Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
Current phone: Nokia Lumia 520.
Helemaal uit nederland

Varun hellboy
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Try flashing update.zip for sgy.... Google it

JUST PRESS THANKS IF I HELPED...

yuansmart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i root my galaxy young with framaroot 1.6
just choose supersu and gandaf then root and reboot

crazy492
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Find the update.zip file for sgy and zip it using cwm. Also download the update-unroot.zip file in case you need to unroot later on

Press thanks button

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

arroliga89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Resolved

I have found that any method u try to root this phone would not work. But thanks to my obsession I have found the only method that will work with this device... Thanks to #TendenciaAndroid, a friend on YouTube. The link is right here. xurl.es/metodo.root-6.de.7 Enjoy !:good::)