XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone insanely slow

Tip us?

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Phone insanely slow

My daughters HTC Desire (not rooted) seems to have given up.

When I boot it just rendering the "Quietly brilliant" takes around 10-15 seconds. And then after several minutes the boot up sound is played. Then a while later the battery is displayed and the "Connect your charger" text. Even though the charger is connected. I cannot swipe down to unlock the phone as it just sits there. Eventually rebooting.

I have managed to get into recovery but trying to do a factory reset there has left the phone displaying the blue/purple recovery screen for two whole days without doing anything. Just clearing the cache through recovery took around four hours.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Or can the phone just as well be thrown in the bin?

eddiehk6
Old
Thanks Meter 435
I worry that this could be hardware issue if the battery doesn't seem to know it's charging and it's that slow without rooting.

Last resort would be to try to flash 2.3.3. RUU as PB99IMG.zip
Device: Nexus 5 | ROM: SlimKat | Recovery: TWRP

Retired: HTC Desire

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6 View Post
I wouldn't even know how to flash it. Is it from recovery? Using adb sideload or something? Do you know the adb command of the top of your head? Also I would assume this requires HTC Desire drivers installed. If this can be done without the phone having to identify itself then maybe there's a chance

Chromium
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4699

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroogar View Post
I wouldn't even know how to flash it. Is it from recovery? Using adb sideload or something? Do you know the adb command of the top of your head? Also I would assume this requires HTC Desire drivers installed. If this can be done without the phone having to identify itself then maybe there's a chance
The link that you have been provided with has installation instructions, and can answer all of your questions.

Sent using xda-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium_ View Post
The link that you have been provided with has installation instructions, and can answer all of your questions.
Sorry My bad. I'm at work so I didn't check the link. I just assumed it was a direct link to a zip file

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6 View Post
Tried this and it went okay... sort of... The actual update went fine. Took about a minute or two. There has not been any problems with booting into bootloader or recovery. The only think it complained about was that it was unable to downgrade the bootloader and skipped that step.

But other than that it behaves as it did before the update. After a while I get the "quietly brilliant" (that actually renders in normal speed now) but after that (and a five minute wait) I'm stuck with the "no service" screen. After an additional couple of minutes I get the "Connect your charger" and after that it's all black

I guess I might as well toss it but I'm intrigued by the fact that flashing the zip is done in what I assume is "normal" speed. Everything else is dead slow...

eddiehk6
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroogar View Post
Tried this and it went okay... sort of... The actual update went fine. Took about a minute or two. There has not been any problems with booting into bootloader or recovery. The only think it complained about was that it was unable to downgrade the bootloader and skipped that step.

But other than that it behaves as it did before the update. After a while I get the "quietly brilliant" (that actually renders in normal speed now) but after that (and a five minute wait) I'm stuck with the "no service" screen. After an additional couple of minutes I get the "Connect your charger" and after that it's all black

I guess I might as well toss it but I'm intrigued by the fact that flashing the zip is done in what I assume is "normal" speed. Everything else is dead slow...
The RUU should be 'clean'

Therefore if it's still playing up, as suspected sounds like hardware fault . On such an old phone, personally probably not worth the hassle anymore
Device: Nexus 5 | ROM: SlimKat | Recovery: TWRP

Retired: HTC Desire

The Following User Says Thank You to eddiehk6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]