#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/pawitp/android_device_samsung_i9082 and https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_i9082.
(For developers only - the patches are already included in the ROM)
Patch to system/core for RIL to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5372673.
Patch to hardware/broadcom/libbt for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891380.
Patch to frameworks/native to support legacy binaries: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891421
Patch to frameworks/native to workaround hwc issues: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/53162/ and https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7891444.
Patch to frameworks/av to fix audio/video issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7945188
Patch to external/chromium_org to workaround hwc issues: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/7910708
Patch to packages/app/SamsungServiceMode to fix service mode: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/57400/
Dual SIM Patches: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/9433442
Patch to frameworks/opt/telephony to fix non-looping ringtone issue: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/0f400e7b5cfb9bc70c25
Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker
ROM: http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0 (Mirror - may not contain all releases)
ROM Delta (see FAQ): http://goo.im/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0/delta
Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
Note: The ROM download page also provide a CWM-based recovery image compatible with CM 11 flashable with Odin.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Dual SIM (Experimental - SEE FAQ)
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Camera (photo & video)
- Video playback
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under "known issues"
- screenrecord does not work
- FM Radio does not work (you can use SpiritFM, but I'm not providing support for any problem)
- Stock browser does not use hardware acceleration (Please use Google Chrome)
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
- Camera crash when pausing video recording
- For some users, stock camera app sometimes crash when closing the Camera (Reported; I cannot reproduce it.)
- Cannot changed advanced settings from dialer settings (e.g. reverse lookup) when dual SIM is enabled
- Compass in "Sygic" app (works fine in other apps)
- Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing
Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
- The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
- There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
- Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
- 3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
- (20141008) cannot call from the "People" app. (Calling from contact list in Dialer app works fine.)
- Make a backup!
- If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to 4.2.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
- Install the ROM
- Optionally install the Google Apps Addon
- Optionally enable dual SIM support (See FAQ)
To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again.
20141008: Based on CM-11-M11 (include ringtone and call-log separation for each SIM)
20140917: Based on CM-11-M10, fixed chopped pin lock screen
20140813: Fixed unable to hear current call under call waiting
20140812: Based on CM-11-M9, fixed haptic feedback for capacitive keys
20140709: Fixed Rare FC in dialer settings, APN, video recording (broken in 20140708)
20140708: Based on CM-11-M8, fixed GPS
20140608: Android 4.4.3
20140531: Fix wrong per-contact ringtone, fix USB tethering, advertise Bluetooth LE capability to apps
20140527: Fix "some ringtones only ring once", fix compatibility with "Operadora DDD" app
20140506: Fix dialing SIM Prompt
20140505: Rebase on CM-11-M6, hopefully fixed low call volume, enable dual SIM by default
20140407: Fix GPS satellite status display, display both IMEI in *#06#
20140328: Fix baseband version not appearing when Dual SIM is enabled, fix FC when selecting network mode in languages other than English
20140309: Experimental Dual SIM (see FAQ), allow either slot to be used in single SIM mode
20140308: Rebased on CM-11-M4, added adaptive backlight
20140211: Rebased on CM-11-M3
20140202: Fix random camera crash
20140121: Fix service mode, update drivers from I9082LDCUBMK3
20140109: Fix in-call mute, fix serial number display, includes KSM, includes CIFS module
20140101: 3.0.101 kernel, 1.3 GHz OC available
20131225: Fix music pause-resume issue, add ISO settings in Camera, add Torch QuickSettings tile
20131224: Fix camera issues introduced in 20131223
20131223: Fix manual network search
20131217: Fix high-bitrate video playback
20131216: Fix rotation animation
20131215: Fix delete external SD photos from gallery, Wi-Fi direct, Messaging crash on clean install
20131214: Fixed audio artifacts, camera panorama (note: Messaging on clean is broken in this version if you perform a clean install)
20131211: Fixed premium SMS, battery indicator, stock browser crash
20131210: Initial release
How do I enable/disable Dual SIM?
starting from 20140505, Dual SIM support is enabled by default. If you only use 1 SIM and wants to disable Dual SIM support, you can use the following instruction:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none
What are incremental/delta updates?
Delta updates allow updating from one version to another downloading only the difference rather than the full ROM, for those on limited bandwidth. They are named like "cm-11-20131215_to_20131216_delta-UNOFFICIAL-i9082.zip" which means that it can be used to update from 20131215 to 20131216 (simply flash it in recovery like any other update). Delta updates will not work if you have installed custom kernels or other system modifications, including editing build.prop. In those cases, downloading the full update is recommended (flashing a full update will not wipe your data).
Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
No. This ROM will have CyanogenMod's feature set.
Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.
Can you include call recording?
No. CyanogenMod does not include call recording to avoid potential legal issues.
Can you add Feature X to the stock ROM?
No. I don't work on stock ROMs.
What kernel does this ROM use?
A slightly modified version of the stock kernel, the source code is linked above.
I've heard that Broadcom doesn't release source, how can you make this ROM?
Contrary to the popular belief, userspace driver source code is not always required to make an AOSP-based ROM as long as the proprietary binaries shipped with the device does not modify the API too heavily (or is from a very different version of Android). Instead of modifying the source code of the drivers, the Android source code was adapted to be able to use the proprietary binaries.
Can I use your ROM as a base?
Most of Android/CyanogenMod is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official CyanogenMod. (In other words, you must say that it is based on pawitp's unofficial CyanogenMod, but is not related to CyanogenMod in any other way.)
Will you make this official CM?
Due to the amount of work and commitment involved, I am not planning to make an official CM port.
Can contacts be saved to phone/SIM?
No. It is not supported in AOSP-based ROMs.
Can I send files over Wi-Fi Direct?
Yes, but you must use third-party applications. The implementation provided on Samsung ROMs is not an open standard. AOSP/CM does not provide a native way to send files over Wi-Fi Direct.
Can I mirror your ROM?
You're free to, but I will not list it in this post.
Is overclock (OC) available?
Since 20140101 build, 1.3 GHz OC is available in Settings -> Performance -> Processor (enable developer mode first). Higher frequencies are not enabled since benchmark does not show additional benefit.
Will feature X from a previous version of CM be implemented?
I don't know, probably will be, eventually. I don't really involve myself in the feature-set side of CM.
Will you OTA support?
No. CM Updater is present on the device, but it only works for official devices. I'm not interested in adding an alternative update mechanism. If you want to know when a new ROM is released, follow the rss feed at http://goo.im/rss&path=/devs/pawitp/i9082_cm11.0.
I cannot add APNs
Make sure you set the correct MCC/MNC code, the APN will not appear otherwise. Also make sure to use menu -> save (back button means discard).
Recovery asked me "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" (20140527)
Short answer: "yes" or "no" doesn't matter
Long answer: Newer versions of CM starts including recovery with the ROM. However, this does not get flashed unless the "Update CM recovery" option in system settings gets ticked. If you say "no", the current recovery will not get overwritten (unless you enabled the "Update CM recovery" option), but it will continue prompting you every time. If you say "yes", CM's recovery flashing mechanism will be disabled until a newer version of the ROM is flashed.
I get "Throttle Limited Exceeded" or "We currently accept only US numbers" when an unknown number calls
It's a bug of all CM11 ROMs with the reverse lookup code in the dialer. You can work around it by
1) Disable dual SIM
2) Go to dialer settings and disable "reverse lookup"
3) Re-enable dual SIM
Does this custom kernel work? Does this app work on this ROM?
Please ask the in Q&A thread maintained by chotu22. If you're experiencing any problems while running a custom kernel or other system modifications, please remove those modifications and test again before filing a bug report.
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
What is your-- Phone model (I9082 or I9082L): Radio (baseband): CM version: CM Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel: CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): ART Runtime: Dual SIM: other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
- The CyanogenMod team for providing a great ROM. Without all the compatibility work which went into it, this ROM would've been much harder to make
- My real-life friend for letting me borrow his phone to work on this
- RampantRhino for donating a phone to help me continue with this project