No video sharing on Group Play 4.3 updated?

Search This thread

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
First thx for your upload, but I'v try many times to install it via root maneger or free way but no luck.. :'( its says "not installed"
Do you have any other way to do it? Maby differnt apk?
Plz help!!

Its work!!! Thenk you so much!! I used root maneger and put the file in system/app then rw-r-r and reboot it!!
Group play version 2.5.xxx

So there is a video share option in group play now on your device? Screen shot or pic of your phone streaming to another device

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Belkon81

Mar 6, 2013
So there is a video share option in group play now on your device? Screen shot or pic of your phone streaming to another device

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Here you go :)
There is no need to install it after you put it in the system/app and rw-r-r
Just reboot your phone :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-18-20-04-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-18-20-04-01.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 561
  • Screenshot_2013-12-23-19-31-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-23-19-31-46.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

keithkit

May 7, 2009
sorry i'm quite new, how do you put into system/app and what is rw-r-r? Do i need a diff app to do it?

Belkon81

Mar 6, 2013
First of all there is no way to get this work without root
2. System/app you can find it with this app "root explorer"
Move the file to this location and press long then you choose the conviction tab and put v in Rw-r-r :)

mugoftea

Mar 2, 2014
I seriously hope this will work without rooting otherwise I'll have to root and port the firmware from N3.
This is absolutely ridiculous on samsung's part of not updating N2s when they are still powerful and capable of handling everything.

[linkin]

Mar 14, 2013
Jakarta
That's why I hate Samsung and consider to switch to Nexus 6 in time. They're great in spec, but really sucks in OS services.

ubundicali

Oct 5, 2013
Older group play use bluetooth, new use wifi direct.

From what I read, when first using group play, older devices connect with a bluetooth connection and the newer devices use wifi direct. So it may just be a bandwidth issue that prevents the video play back when wifi direct is not available.

jmac86

Jan 14, 2012
I cant get it workimg, the icon appees witb the ShareVideo.apk but wont stream just a black screen and the other device pauses

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a further app called 'share video 1.1' i will try and upload it in a bit

EDIT: Here it is try this and let me know
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/savw1wm4maf6agf/ShareVideo.apk
    plzz help

You need a further app called 'share video 1.1' i will try and upload it in a bit

EDIT: Here it is try this and let me know
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/savw1wm4maf6agf/ShareVideo.apk

First thx for your upload, but I'v try many times to install it via root maneger or free way but no luck.. :'( its says "not installed"
    Do you have any other way to do it? Maby differnt apk?
    Plz help!!

Its work!!! Thenk you so much!! I used root maneger and put the file in system/app then rw-r-r and reboot it!!
    Group play version 2.5.xxx
    This apk doesnt run as such and wont appear in your app drawer. It seems to act as more of a plugin for group play.
    Seems silly to me to. I dont see why it cant be part of the app.

The app is visible in the app drawer. The rom maker took out this app which needs to go in system app and change permission. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jjiqqiw4rhmkmk/SecVideoList.apk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi, do you guys have any idea about this? I'm trying to make the bluetooth shortcut to work but it says this app is not installed. I didn't have this problem on 4.1.2 version.now I'm on 4.3 not rooted. Thank you.
    ede8uqeq.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Okay after playing around and trying to figure out how to do this I find out how. You need a smart TV that's connected to your home network. That can recognize media files from your phone. Like a media server. I have a Sony TV so I went to settings turned on near by devices and allowed my TV to look in my phone. Then go to wherever on your TV to find the media connection and browse from your TV.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app