XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Library] RateMyApp

Tip us?

mariosangiorgio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Library] RateMyApp

After attending a talk about how to market our applications in better ways I just published a library I developed to ask users to users a rating on the Play Store.

It is extremely simple. It keeps track of the first time the application has been used and a counter of the number of times the application has been launched.
You can configure when you want to ask the user to rate your application both in term of number of launches and days from the installation.

When the conditions are met, the library creates a dialog with a button to open the Play Store page of the application, a button to postpone the alert and a button to dismiss it and never get asked again.

You can get the library from GitHub.
Feedbacks and recommendation about how I could improve it are very welcome.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mariosangiorgio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cyclingforfun
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosangiorgio View Post
After attending a talk about how to market our applications in better ways I just published a library I developed to ask users to users a rating on the Play Store.

It is extremely simple. It keeps track of the first time the application has been used and a counter of the number of times the application has been launched.
You can configure when you want to ask the user to rate your application both in term of number of launches and days from the installation.

When the conditions are met, the library creates a dialog with a button to open the Play Store page of the application, a button to postpone the alert and a button to dismiss it and never get asked again.

You can get the library from GitHub.
Feedbacks and recommendation about how I could improve it are very welcome.
I will try it, thanks a lot.

mariosangiorgio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclingforfun View Post
I will try it, thanks a lot.
Great. Let me know what you think about the library.

I hope you won't have any issue but in case you have problems let me know and we will try to sort them out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bigjan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,

Here the German Translation: dropbox.com/s/jeoqbshoigft840/values-de.zip

- Jan
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shafty023
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Screenshot?
My Qualifications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Senior Android Developer

Apps I've developed
Enhanced Email
Silvercar
Boxer (Coming soon)

Contact Me
Twitter
Google+

mariosangiorgio
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjan View Post
Hi,

Here the German Translation: dropbox.com/s/jeoqbshoigft840/values-de.zip

- Jan
Thank you! I'm traveling without my computer and I cannot push your translation to the repository immediately. If you like you can fork the project on github and create a pull request, otherwise I'll integrate your translation as soon as I get back home

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

pangolin.rollin
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Looks great! Got a little confused trying to set up in Eclipse, any suggestions? Thanks for your work!

boggartfly
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolin.rollin View Post
Looks great! Got a little confused trying to set up in Eclipse, any suggestions? Thanks for your work!
Step 1ownload the libraries.
Step 2:-Then copy the .lib file to the android libraries folder in the project tree for the app you are designing.
Step 3:- Happy coding!

pangolin.rollin
Old
Thanks Meter 30
There doesnt seem to be a libs folder. I imported the Javas and followed the directions but don't know how to configure the gradle modules cause I'm using eclipse not studio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Magissia
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Hello, while this is a good idea to ask for a rating, don't harass the user with it, and don't ask it too soon, leave the user some time to poke around

Regards