XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Currently Possible?

Tip us?

NekoTwilight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root Currently Possible?

Hey guys! Just bought a Galaxy Note 3 two days ago (formerly used a GS3 that I ran CM on). I don't want to lose the S-Pen functionality so I'm just looking to root. I (unfortunately) have all the latest OTA updates. I'd assume this impacts my ability to root currently (from what I understand I can't flash to an earlier build via Odin?). From what I understand de la Vega doesn't support my current config. A few members mentioned to try VRoot and KingoRoot. I tried both and neither worked (really wished I hadn't, just hearing about the security questions).

So. Is there anyway to currently root with the latest updates (since to my knowledge de la vega, vroot, and kingo all need updates).

Thanks!

NekoTwilight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
UPDATE: I disabled my PC's security suite and ran Kingo as an administrator but still no dice. I tried VRoot again and it worked.

az_biker
Old
Thanks Meter 1665

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoTwilight View Post
Hey guys! Just bought a Galaxy Note 3 two days ago (formerly used a GS3 that I ran CM on). I don't want to lose the S-Pen functionality so I'm just looking to root. I (unfortunately) have all the latest OTA updates. I'd assume this impacts my ability to root currently (from what I understand I can't flash to an earlier build via Odin?). From what I understand de la Vega doesn't support my current config. A few members mentioned to try VRoot and KingoRoot. I tried both and neither worked (really wished I hadn't, just hearing about the security questions).

So. Is there anyway to currently root with the latest updates (since to my knowledge de la vega, vroot, and kingo all need updates).

Thanks!
I have a pretty in depth step by step in my sig... even for those who ONLY want root.
Backup: Galaxy Nexus (Gyrannosaurus Nex) - SlimKat 4.4.2
Current: Note 3 (Notorious 3) BajaRom COMBAT Ed / BajaRom 10 / Jelly 'Beans' 6

Hit THANKS If I Helped