5,593,293 Members 33,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sidekick 4g Bootloop Please Help!!!

Tip us?

karose465
Old
(Last edited by karose465; 24th November 2012 at 03:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sidekick 4g Bootloop Please Help!!!

I am not rooted on this phone I am on stock 100% I have done nothing with this phone since purchased.. I did not try to install anything on this phone that could have caused this. But yesterday it just started on this bootloop. The screen just shows the T-mobile sidekick 4g logo then to black and over and over .... I have pulled the battery put it back in and it immediately bootloops. I don't even have to power on . It even bootloops with the charger plugged in the battery symbol bootloops. I tried to put the device into bootloader (pwr vol up/dwn) to do a factory reset. but the bootloader screen just flashes on for a second and then it goes right back into the bootloop.

It appears as if this is bricked but how is that possible on a stock device? I called t-mobile and they could not help. All they wanted to do is sell me a new phone.

Please help

xtrem88
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Use heimdall n hold the volume buttons n enable flash bootlaoders

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
Phones own samsung gravity 1 (sold)
t-mobile sidekick 4g 9 SUPER BROKEN SOMEHOW FIXED IT :/
TMOBILE galaxy s 4g fake gs3 rom :P
current rom

other used ginger clone v2,lighting rom v2, touchmiuiwiz, glorious overdose ,smooth maximus, fo sk4g
used 95% of all ics roms of gal s 4g
The Following User Says Thank You to xtrem88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marathonjon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
@karose465 How old is the phone? If less than a year (doubtful), it should still be under warranty. Or you may be eligible for upgrade pricing: Fore example, "Customers with a Classic plan (two-year contract) are eligible for our lowest upgrade price on a new phone when at least 22 months have passed since their last phone upgrade. A new two-year contract is required to take advantage of best upgrade pricing. Of course, you can always upgrade a phone at any time, regardless of how many months have passed since your contract began."

For more info on Heimdall, just Google Heimdall Android.

xtrem88
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Anyone with a sidekick contract ends earliest next march..
Phones own samsung gravity 1 (sold)
t-mobile sidekick 4g 9 SUPER BROKEN SOMEHOW FIXED IT :/
TMOBILE galaxy s 4g fake gs3 rom :P
current rom

other used ginger clone v2,lighting rom v2, touchmiuiwiz, glorious overdose ,smooth maximus, fo sk4g
used 95% of all ics roms of gal s 4g

RicAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by karose465 View Post
I am not rooted on this phone I am on stock 100% I have done nothing with this phone since purchased.. I did not try to install anything on this phone that could have caused this. But yesterday it just started on this bootloop. The screen just shows the T-mobile sidekick 4g logo then to black and over and over .... I have pulled the battery put it back in and it immediately bootloops. I don't even have to power on . It even bootloops with the charger plugged in the battery symbol bootloops. I tried to put the device into bootloader (pwr vol up/dwn) to do a factory reset. but the bootloader screen just flashes on for a second and then it goes right back into the bootloop.

It appears as if this is bricked but how is that possible on a stock device? I called t-mobile and they could not help. All they wanted to do is sell me a new phone.

Please help
Try Odin...choose repartition and you're golden. This is someone that has bricked his phone many, many times. Odin will give you the original stock Froyo.

madhatter9556
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicAndroid View Post
Try Odin...choose repartition and you're golden. This is someone that has bricked his phone many, many times. Odin will give you the original stock Froyo.
I think for him and myself, the biggest problem is being unable to get the phone to stay in download mode. For some reason, the battery won't charge and the phone itself continously turns off and on when plugged in. So the charge isn't holding, therefore nothing will stay on/open.

EpicLordPhone
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Im having the same problem. I have searched everywere and cannot find an answer that will fix it. If anyone can please help us fix this issue.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda premium
Current Devices:
HTC One V:Main
Sony Xperia x10a:Retired
HTC myTouch 4G:Bricked

RicAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingwiz View Post
Im having the same problem. I have searched everywere and cannot find an answer that will fix it. If anyone can please help us fix this issue.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda premium
I did some forum searching and found this. Hope it helps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477838
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RicAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EpicLordPhone
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Thanks ill check into that

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
Current Devices:
HTC One V:Main
Sony Xperia x10a:Retired
HTC myTouch 4G:Bricked

Jdramirez29
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Please help
Hmm here is a link with for the ODIN and also provides some pretty cool roms that you might like to try.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538576

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Please help
Hmm here is a link with for the ODIN and also provides some pretty cool roms that you might like to try.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538576