XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Dual/Flashing Froyo Kd1 and Faux Ginger T759

Tip us?

RenaldiDroidXDA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q]Dual/Flashing Froyo Kd1 and Faux Ginger T759

Okay, so we have gingerbread on the sidekick 4G, and it isn't quite yet a daily driver. I miss some features of Froyo, but crave gingerbread. Would it be possible to create a system that can backup one ROM and reflash the other, being able to switch between the two, such as Froyo in the morning and ginger in the evening?

Sent from my SGH-T759 using xda app-developers app
Daily Driver: Google+LGE Nexus 5
ROM: Stock, Unrooted

Former driver: Samsung Sidekick 4G - RIP until further notice

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2340
Sure, but you'll have to make a new recovery that will work with both, the most current recovery for this phone will only work with froyo builds
Oh and I'm referring to just creating and restoring nandroids, a true dual boot bootloader is out of the question

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RenaldiDroidXDA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I was thinking something along the lines of an app that could backup the entire phone as an odin file, or maybe a tool that can convert nandroids to odin and flash...being compatible with froyo as well

Also, would you know how to solder a new usb port to this thing? mine is on its way out.

RenaldiDroidXDA
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I was thinking something along the lines of an app that could backup the entire phone as an odin file, or maybe a tool that can convert nandroids to odin and flash...being compatible with froyo as well

Also, would you know how to solder a new usb port to this thing? mine is on its way out. I had so many plans for this thing after i finish learning android development so i could make this a nexus SIdekik and it's dying before i get the chance.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2340
I wouldn't be surprised if there is such a program but my knowledge of Samsung is limited and off hand I can't think of one
As far as soldering goes its not too hard to do, so long as you are at least half way decent at soldering. The new port should run about $5 and while you're at of you may consider doing the unbrickable mod
This however you need to be a bit more skilled as its extra fine soldering with a lot of opportunities for messing up
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app