XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root for Huawei Ascend Y100 (U8185) - Solution

Tip us?

santi1130
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Root for Huawei Ascend Y100 (U8185) - Solution

I succesfully rooted a Huawei Ascend Y100 (U8185) using the method describe in this page.
hope this help anybody cause i try several methods before and none of them work for the task because i dont want to flash a de-branded firmware in the device.
I found the solution in a blog unfortunately i can't post any link neither to post in HTCmania or the blog.
Just follow the instrucctions in the zip file and then you'll got your device rooted

Quote:
The Huawei Ideos U8185 can easily be rooted due to the open and easily accessible bootloader. To root the device follow the simple steps below.

Download ZIP from any of the links below
Unzip the files
Plug in the phone and install the drivers form the CD ROM (Mobile Partner) found in the drivers/adb_drivers directory.
Wait for all the drivers to install then continue with the process.

THIS PROCESS REPLACES THE ORIGINAL RECOVERY. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Replace the original RECOVERY with the one I've provided.
Open CMW 5 folder and copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the SD Card.
Switch off the phone.
Boot into bootloader using volume down + power button for 5 sec.
Once in the bootloader, plug in the phone to the computer and let the drivers install.
In the CMW 5 folder, run install-recovery-windows.exe

(use the different variations depending on the operating system)

Once done, remove the battery to power off the phone.
Boot into recovery using volume up + power button for 5 sec
Navigate to "install zip from sd" and select it
Select "choose zip from SD card" and select the provided Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip that you copied to the SD Card
After install, the phone is rooted.
Reboot the phone and enjoy root
Attached Files
File Type: rar root Huawei U8185.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.74 MB, 9035 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to santi1130 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tarekmorsy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default root

and you may return to official orginal recovery
with the same way
you will find it here
link

4shared.com/rar/xh9PuYy1/official_recovery_u8185_or_y10.html
The Following User Says Thank You to tarekmorsy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

patooh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Failure to install backup after rooting & debranding

Hi
I managed to root and debrand m huawei U8185 ,i backup my apps and the rest with huawei Allbackup. Now Huawei Allbackup is not installing so that i can restore my backup.What should i do?

xaloj_xd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how i replace the recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by santi1130 View Post
I succesfully rooted a Huawei Ascend Y100 (U8185) using the method describe in this page.
hope this help anybody cause i try several methods before and none of them work for the task because i dont want to flash a de-branded firmware in the device.
I found the solution in a blog unfortunately i can't post any link neither to post in HTCmania or the blog.
Just follow the instrucctions in the zip file and then you'll got your device rooted

how i replace the RECOVERY? and where is the recovery you provide? sorry its my first time. please help me

LePeche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default If I root and flash CM9 - will I be able to use any sim?

Probably a dumb question, but if the phone is locked to one providers sim card when I bought it, will rooting it negate the need to unlock it? If I change the ROM to CM9 for example?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by santi1130 View Post

IjazCI
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by patooh View Post
Hi
I managed to root and debrand m huawei U8185 ,i backup my apps and the rest with huawei Allbackup. Now Huawei Allbackup is not installing so that i can restore my backup.What should i do?
Iam sorry to say Huawei Allbackup will not work on a debranted firmware. If you want to Restore your backup ,please download and flash Huawei original firmware for u8185 (UPDATE.APP).

Search for how to install huawei fimware on internet.(plenty of instruction on web , please dont ask me for one , i dont have the device now )

If you want to root your phone you can root it with original firmware ,then debloat if if you need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I Helped you .Click my THANKS Button

mikxling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to un-root u8185

PLiz would someone help me out. I need get my Huawei Ascend Y100(u8185) phone back to the way it was before rooting. How will I be able to do this?

julx18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

sir i can't boot my phone to booloader . it is stuck on the boot screen yet not flashing to the bootloader . help please

maximik1980
Old
Thanks Meter 1
mikxling, see my post there http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=18
Huawei Ascend Y101 (U8186-1), stock GB ROM with some changed software, 2.6.38.6 kernel with swap&ext3/4&2wcr support, TWRP 2.6.1.0 unofficial