XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 Battery drain caused by....

Tip us?

egren58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Default 4.3 Battery drain caused by....

Hello guys im not a dev nir anything close but I know a few things. Anyways one thing that was driving me crazy was the insane battery drop between 4.2.2 and 4.3 I was reading and doing some test and I came to one conclusion...
So most of the noticeable change is that the screen is using way more battery in 4.3 than 4.2.2! So I did some research and samsung made some updates to the screen drivers I believe to make the colors look better, more vibrant etc. In my opinion this has to be the cause of the screen sucking up so much battery. But that wasnt enough for me. I had to do some testing. One day I used my phone normallly with white background and colorful icons etc. The next day I used a black background with less vibrant icons. And WOW the battery icon changed dramatically! YESS I know our screen uses less battery in amoled screen. But it qas never fhis big of a difference between a black and white background. Again this are just my thoughts and opinions. Thanks 😊 Have a great day.
-Egren58

🌟⚾🌟

hella356
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I'm no dev, either, but I recently posted this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561005

I really go with black because I like the way it looks, but I also figured it could possibly help battery life. Nice to hear some real-world usage back the idea up.

egren58
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hella356 View Post
I'm no dev, either, but I recently posted this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561005

I really go with black because I like the way it looks, but I also figured it could possibly help battery life. Nice to hear some real-world usage back the idea up.
Same here. It really makes a dramatic improve more noticiable on. The new uodate not sure why.

🌟⚾🌟