5,599,977 Members 45,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does your Xperia tablet Z play HFR (high frame rate) clips properly?

Tip us?
 
me4tux
Old
#1  
me4tux's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 101
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Question [Q] Does your Xperia tablet Z play HFR (high frame rate) clips properly?

Hi

I have a Xperia tablet z with android 4.2.2 , with the latest mxplayer and armv7 neon codec pack installed. All default settings.
I have downloaded some HFR video files (60 fps, 48 fps etc) locally but I cannot play these hfr video clips. Example: The Hobbit trailer at 48fps.

Content from here: http://www.hfrmovies.com in the download examples section.

Anyone else have issues? The playback was choppy and many sections were cutoff.

Thanks for any help and advice...
Sony Xperia ZL (C6506) & Xperia Tab Z (SGP311)
LG Titan (P509) - running on T-Mobile
Moto Defy+ (MB526) - Telstra phone, running on AT&T
 
me4tux
Old
#2  
me4tux's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 101
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Question Bumping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4tux View Post
Hi

I have a Xperia tablet z with android 4.2.2 , with the latest mxplayer and armv7 neon codec pack installed. All default settings.
I have downloaded some HFR video files (60 fps, 48 fps etc) locally but I cannot play these hfr video clips. Example: The Hobbit trailer at 48fps.

Content from here: http://www.hfrmovies.com in the download examples section.

Anyone else have issues? The playback was choppy and many sections were cutoff.

Thanks for any help and advice...
Hello,
I was hoping somebody has to know something about this particular topic....
Can somebody help me?
Thanks.
Sony Xperia ZL (C6506) & Xperia Tab Z (SGP311)
LG Titan (P509) - running on T-Mobile
Moto Defy+ (MB526) - Telstra phone, running on AT&T
 
Felimenta97
Old
#3  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2220
Posts: 7,604
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ribeirão Preto
Quote:
Originally Posted by me4tux View Post
Hello,
I was hoping somebody has to know something about this particular topic....
Can somebody help me?
Thanks.
I have downloaded the video (An Unnexpected Journey, High Quality) and I will transfer them to my XTZ soon (internet speed isn't helping to stream) and give an feedback

 
Felimenta97
Old
#4  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2220
Posts: 7,604
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ribeirão Preto
The samples showing the 24 fps vs 60 fps runs smooth after the devices kinda buildthe cache for them. The video I mentioned earlier, skips quite a lot, the audio sometimes stops and comes back again later, and the video when isn't skipping, runs a bit in slow mo.

The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
me4tux
Old
#5  
me4tux's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 101
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
The samples showing the 24 fps vs 60 fps runs smooth after the devices kinda buildthe cache for them. The video I mentioned earlier, skips quite a lot, the audio sometimes stops and comes back again later, and the video when isn't skipping, runs a bit in slow mo.
That's the same kind of issues I am seeing.

I cannot tell if it was caused by hw limitations or the mxplayer. I did try to muck around with settings and found that sw decoding gave slightly better results.... not a whole lot better tho...

Which player are you using?
Sony Xperia ZL (C6506) & Xperia Tab Z (SGP311)
LG Titan (P509) - running on T-Mobile
Moto Defy+ (MB526) - Telstra phone, running on AT&T
 
Felimenta97
Old
#6  
Felimenta97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2220
Posts: 7,604
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ribeirão Preto
Quote:
Originally Posted by me4tux View Post
That the same kind of issues I am seeing.

I cannot tell if it was caused by hw limitations or the mxplayer. I did try to muck around with settings and found that sw decoding gave slightly better results.... not a whole lot better tho...

Which player are you using?
MXPlayer also. Even the Sony movie app was able to reproduce well the short 60fps bike video I told you, but no luck with the movie trailer...

The best would be to ask someone with a S600 and S800 powered device to run those videos.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Tags
48fps, 60fps, hfr, high frame rate
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes