5,597,138 Members 43,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update to ViperS 3.1.4 -> Wi-Fi broken

Tip us?

memartin91
Old
(Last edited by memartin91; 23rd November 2013 at 11:56 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update to ViperS 3.1.4 -> Wi-Fi broken

Hello all,

I am a noob in the subject, so a few months ago i was quite happy that i succeeded in installing ViperS 3.1.2 on my HTC Sensation XE. But I kept S-On, because i didn't understand the tutorial for putting it off.

Today I saw the updates to 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 through OTA and tried to install them. Everything seemed to go fine and my phone started up perfectly. Only now my Wi-Fi is not working anymore. My phone keeps trying to put it on, but it never goes on.

My guess is i should have done something before installing the updates because i am S-On, is that right? And how can i fix this without losing the files on my phone? (back-up and restore costs so much time)

I guess it must be an easy question for you guys, but you would really help me out with answering it. Thanks in advance!

Martin

--- Update ----
Ah I think I have found something. My phone says that I do have ViperS 3.1.4, but that my Kernel is still SebastianFM-1.0.2.

Is there any easy way for only updating the Kernel? And will that fix the problem?

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by memartin91 View Post
Hello all,

I am a noob in the subject, so a few months ago i was quite happy that i succeeded in installing ViperS 3.1.2 on my HTC Sensation XE. But I kept S-On, because i didn't understand the tutorial for putting it off.

Today I saw the updates to 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 through OTA and tried to install them. Everything seemed to go fine and my phone started up perfectly. Only now my Wi-Fi is not working anymore. My phone keeps trying to put it on, but it never goes on.

My guess is i should have done something before installing the updates because i am S-On, is that right? And how can i fix this without losing the files on my phone? (back-up and restore costs so much time)

I guess it must be an easy question for you guys, but you would really help me out with answering it. Thanks in advance!

Martin

--- Update ----
Ah I think I have found something. My phone says that I do have ViperS 3.1.4, but that my Kernel is still SebastianFM-1.0.2.

Is there any easy way for only updating the Kernel? And will that fix the problem?
if the ota file contains the boot.img extract it and place it in your adb and fastboot folder
boot your device in fastboot mode(in the hboot screen should say fastboot usb)
connect it to the pc
open a cmd in that folder and type
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memartin91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much! That was a simple and fast fix

leecuem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by memartin91 View Post
Thank you very much! That was a simple and fast fix
failed to install rom 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4, sen 5UI cannot start is the camera

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecuem View Post
failed to install rom 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.1.4, sen 5UI cannot start is the camera
reflash the rom with full wipe

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON

leecuem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=rzr86;47822952]reflash the rom with full wipe[/QUOTrom 1.6.3 ,2.0 ok, but rom 3.x.x and sen5 camera not working, full wipe and rc9

zohrann
Old
(Last edited by zohrann; 12th December 2013 at 01:26 PM.) Reason: messed up quote thing....so made it nice again
Thanks Meter 0
[/COLOR]
Quote:
if the ota file contains the boot.img extract it and place it in your adb and fastboot folder
boot your device in fastboot mode(in the hboot screen should say fastboot usb)
connect it to the pc
open a cmd in that folder and type
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
worked like a charm, thanks!!!!!
HTC Sensation + ViperS 3.1.4 with SebatianFM 1.03 Kernel inside
Nokia Lumia900 White stock

Drinken halveert je leven maar je ziet dubbel zoveel.....