XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Radio Dead?

Tip us?

changt34x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default [Q] Radio Dead?

So I woke up today and restarted my phone (as usual), and upon reboot it would not connect to any data services. SignalCheck showed I was connected to 1X and 3G networks (I am in a 4G area) but Verizon data services were not available. The only recent change was I updated to MJE from stock rooted MJ7. Only mods I have are Native Tether (framework-res.apk) and Xposed for Notification Mod and Samsung Secure Lock Screen Widgets.

I tried:
1. Wipe - didn't work
2. Flashed Beans stock deodexed and CleanROM 1.5 - didn't work
3. ODIN back to MJ7 and factory restore - didn't work
4. ODIN MJ7 Radio - didn't work

Right now I am stuck in setup wizard because it can't activate the phone. It is clearly connected to a verizon tower but cannot access data services. Are there any other steps I should try? Really don't want a refurb as I got my screen protector on perfect for once and there are no defects on the display I can see of. And with my luck, once I start down this refurb train, I won't get a properly-working Note 3 (went GNex -> Razr Maxx -> Note 2 on a 20 unit train as all either had huge screen discoloring, were bent, improperly reassembled, broken radios, or just DOA) until they swap it for an iPhone or the Note 4 comes out. Thanks in advance.

bskarpa
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by changt34x View Post
So I woke up today and restarted my phone (as usual), and upon reboot it would not connect to any data services. SignalCheck showed I was connected to 1X and 3G networks (I am in a 4G area) but Verizon data services were not available. The only recent change was I updated to MJE from stock rooted MJ7. Only mods I have are Native Tether (framework-res.apk) and Xposed for Notification Mod and Samsung Secure Lock Screen Widgets.

I tried:
1. Wipe - didn't work
2. Flashed Beans stock deodexed and CleanROM 1.5 - didn't work
3. ODIN back to MJ7 and factory restore - didn't work
4. ODIN MJ7 Radio - didn't work

Right now I am stuck in setup wizard because it can't activate the phone. It is clearly connected to a verizon tower but cannot access data services. Are there any other steps I should try? Really don't want a refurb as I got my screen protector on perfect for once and there are no defects on the display I can see of. And with my luck, once I start down this refurb train, I won't get a properly-working Note 3 (went GNex -> Razr Maxx -> Note 2 on a 20 unit train as all either had huge screen discoloring, were bent, improperly reassembled, broken radios, or just DOA) until they swap it for an iPhone or the Note 4 comes out. Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue about a week ago, woke up and couldn't get nothing. I even put my SIM into other phones and still nothing which led me to believe;
1. I didn't pay my bill
2 it was on Verizons end.

. Come to find out that Comcast had cut a fiber line one on of Verizons towers in town. Have you tried finding another tower outside the area ur currently at? Try ur SIM in another phone.

Take a sec and hit thanks if I helped or you're in a good mood!

changt34x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bskarpa View Post
I had the same issue about a week ago, woke up and couldn't get nothing. I even put my SIM into other phones and still nothing which led me to believe;
1. I didn't pay my bill
2 it was on Verizons end.

. Come to find out that Comcast had cut a fiber line one on of Verizons towers in town. Have you tried finding another tower outside the area ur currently at? Try ur SIM in another phone.

Take a sec and hit thanks if I helped or you're in a good mood!
Unfortunately the sim is working great in my ipad, so I guess it may be time to call.