5,595,196 Members 45,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WW 10.26.1.7 firmware zip

Tip us?
 
Ikkerens
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [Q] WW 10.26.1.7 firmware zip

Hi there,

I've been searching around to find a specific firmware zip for my new tablet, the SKU: WW, Version: 10.26.1.7.
It appears that asus has pulled this file and was wondering if anyone still has this file available somehow.

I soft-bricked my tablet and am not capable of flashing any other (earlier) firmware zip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Rens "Ikkerens" Rikkerink
 
schmeggy929
Old
#2  
schmeggy929's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 1,248
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkerens View Post
Hi there,

I've been searching around to find a specific firmware zip for my new tablet, the SKU: WW, Version: 10.26.1.7.
It appears that asus has pulled this file and was wondering if anyone still has this file available somehow.

I soft-bricked my tablet and am not capable of flashing any other (earlier) firmware zip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Rens "Ikkerens" Rikkerink
Why can't you download an earlier firmware?

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
 
Ikkerens
Old
(Last edited by Ikkerens; 24th November 2013 at 05:10 PM.) Reason: Added BL version
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929 View Post
Why can't you download an earlier firmware?
I can, but it always ends up with some kind of error.

I basically tried following the steps you did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929 View Post
i downloaded the asus firmware for 10.14.1.47. extract zip and you get a user.zip. extracted the boot.img. I fastboot erase boot, system, format system, data and cache(as you did)

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash boot boot.img then
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob then
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system UL-K00C-US-10.14.1.47-user.zip
rebooted back into fastboot and bootloader showed 10.14.1.47 version.
But on when trying to flash the ***-user.zip, I get this error message:
Code:
$ fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system UL-K00C-WW-10.14.1.47-user.zip
target reported max download size of 643825664 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
Edit: My bootloader version shows: WW_epad-10.26.1.7-20131108
 
schmeggy929
Old
(Last edited by schmeggy929; 24th November 2013 at 06:16 PM.)
#4  
schmeggy929's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 1,248
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkerens View Post
I can, but it always ends up with some kind of error.

I basically tried following the steps you did:


But on when trying to flash the ***-user.zip, I get this error message:
Code:
$ fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system UL-K00C-WW-10.14.1.47-user.zip
target reported max download size of 643825664 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
Edit: My bootloader version shows: WW_epad-10.26.1.7-20131108
you are going to get that along with a few more errors. Wait until it is done. It will take like 10 mins and finish.
when it is done reboot in bootloader and you should see the version change.

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
 
Ikkerens
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929 View Post
you are going to get that along with a few more errors. Wait until it is done. I will take like 10 mins and finish.
You're getting this wrong, it does not do anything. The process immediately quits.
 
schmeggy929
Old
#6  
schmeggy929's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 1,248
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkerens View Post
You're getting this wrong, it does not do anything. The process immediately quits.
Ok when you get that message do you get a blinking curser?

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
 
lpdunwell
Old
#7  
lpdunwell's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lost Woods

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkerens View Post
Hi there,

I've been searching around to find a specific firmware zip for my new tablet, the SKU: WW, Version: 10.26.1.7.
It appears that asus has pulled this file and was wondering if anyone still has this file available somehow.

I soft-bricked my tablet and am not capable of flashing any other (earlier) firmware zip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Rens "Ikkerens" Rikkerink
did you make any backup with cwm recovery?

try this:
unpack blob from 47 update
Code:
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
load recovery, restore your backup

if you have not made any backup with cwm recovery, tell me.
btw fastboot flash system... is not needed here
Sent from my block of wood using Tapatalk
 
Ikkerens
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdunwell View Post
did you make any backup with cwm recovery?

try this:
unpack blob from 47 update
Code:
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
load recovery, restore your backup

if you have not made any backup with cwm recovery, tell me.
btw fastboot flash system... is not needed here
I have not made a backup using cwm because there was no CWM available for my version.
My tablet was already updated to 4.3 and I (apparently) could not boot the cwm in the development section.

If I would be able to flash a usable recovery, I wouldn't be in this situation anyway as the asus update (.47) is flashable (found an updater-script in the zip).
 
lpdunwell
Old
#9  
lpdunwell's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lost Woods

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkerens View Post
I have not made a backup using cwm because there was no CWM available for my version.
My tablet was already updated to 4.3 and I (apparently) could not boot the cwm in the development section.

If I would be able to flash a usable recovery, I wouldn't be in this situation anyway as the asus update (.47) is flashable (found an updater-script in the zip).
forget what I wrote here. I opened a thread with unbricking instructions. Good luck
Sent from my block of wood using Tapatalk
 
Ikkerens
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdunwell View Post
forget what I wrote here. I opened a thread with unbricking instructions. Good luck
Won't do me any good at the moment, I already managed to brick it even further (couldn't even get into fastboot mode anymore), so I RMA'd it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes