5,605,519 Members 45,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery & Root] T217S CWM & TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Unofficial)

Tip us?

gr8nole
Old
(Last edited by gr8nole; 14th March 2014 at 12:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
Default [Recovery & Root] T217S CWM & TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Unofficial)

Here is CWM recovery for the T217S. TWRP is in post #2.

Please report any bugs here in this thread. I don't have a T217 to test on, so I'm relying on your reports.

Please test and report if it you can/can't backup to the external sdcard. Please include in your report: what size sdcard and whether it is formatted exfat or fat32.

Internal card is mounted as /data/media. That's how things work now, I can't change that.

It takes a few seconds longer for CWM to boot than the stock recovery, so be patient.

Credits go to:
@ketut.kumajaya for tons of help with our previous recoveries and kernels
@hkjr for getting ketut to help
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
Also, thanks to the brave guys in the Q & A thread who tested the earlier versions.

Instructions for ODIN (use T217S.CWM...recovery.tar.zip):
1. Download ODIN on your computer (just do a google search to find it...version 3.07 will work fine). http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189539
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program.
6. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
7. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
8. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
9. Hit "START" and wait for Odin to complete the flash. Should only take 10-15 seconds.
10. Restart to recovery mode to verify it works (Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the attached universal root zip by @ketut.kumajaya to get root.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8nole
Old
(Last edited by gr8nole; 18th March 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
TWRP 2.7.0.0 (unofficial)

Click HERE for latest version.

Same install instructions as above.

After installation, you may experience slow behavior in recovery if you use the button combination to boot into recovery. Using Quick Boot from the play store or any other software method to boot into recovery will solve this problem.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media". You may have to hit "up a level" on the folder list on the left to find it.

Please report any issues here in this thread and be sure to include which recovery you are using.

Click HERE for latest version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014_03_16_02.55.06.png
Views:	279
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2633060  
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8nole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for later
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btvolta
Old
Thanks Meter 1630
Thanks Nole for your hard work on this. I just bought this tablet the night before last and was worried that there wouldn't be any goodies for it, but it looks like thanks to you, things are on their way!

benny3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2283

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Bro!! i just sent a little something to buy you a beer....cheers!!

I just flashed a rom i cooked up last and everything went well
The Following User Says Thank You to benny3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8nole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
Big thanks to @benny3 for the donation.
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benny3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2283

DONATE TO ME
Is there any way to get recovery a little brighter, Its really dim and hard to see. My 50 yr. old eyes are having a hard time anyways....lol

gr8nole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
Is there any way to get recovery a little brighter, Its really dim and hard to see. My 50 yr. old eyes are having a hard time anyways....lol
I'll see what I can do. I don't have a T217 to test on, so I may not be able to fix that.

Did the external sdcard mount correctly?
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sparytrainor
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
I'll see what I can do. I don't have a T217 to test on, so I may not be able to fix that.

Did the external sdcard mount correctly?
Sdcard mounts properly to flash files, but backups still go to /data/media.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
Thanks Bro!! i just sent a little something to buy you a beer....cheers!!

I just flashed a rom i cooked up last and everything went well
I wanna play.. :sly:

From my rat infested Note II

gr8nole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1610

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparytrainor View Post
Sdcard mounts properly to flash files, but backups still go to /data/media.

There should be an option to backup to external sdcard about halfway down the "backup and restore" menu
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]