Any way to enable tablet ui?

Search This thread

R1_

Oct 4, 2013
Like in nexus 10 or paranoid android rom. Status bar with nav bar in one place. For stock 4,4 or cm 19,2 stable. Thx!

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Apex launcher, and no doubt Nova, allow you to combine the Nav/notification bar for a slightly tabified ui. They also allow other config options like being able to disable the dock and/or the notification bar for a full screen display.

You could look into Xposed modules for changing DPI, but I have no idea how those work with kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

R1_

Oct 4, 2013
Apex launcher, and no doubt Nova, allow you to combine the Nav/notification bar for a slightly tabified ui. They also allow other config options like being able to disable the dock and/or the notification bar for a full screen display.

You could look into Xposed modules for changing DPI, but I have no idea how those work with kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dude, I have tried both launchers and with both I am not able to move nav bar and status bar in one place like in truly tablet ui. :(

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Dude, I have tried both launchers and with both I am not able to move nav bar and status bar in one place like in truly tablet ui. :(

Sorry, I forgot that setting in Apex only disables the dock and puts a persistent search bar at the top. Not very tablified.

Darkstar2000

Apr 13, 2006
Since I accidentially updated to a newer CM10.2 I miss my TabletUI and even more since I saw the new ipad mini retina this weekend. I would do it on my own, but I don't know how.

Please somebody who did it in the past post an TabletUI update for the stable CM10.2 or give me some hints how to make this patch on my own.

TDO

Feb 15, 2006
Since I accidentially updated to a newer CM10.2 I miss my TabletUI and even more since I saw the new ipad mini retina this weekend. I would do it on my own, but I don't know how.

Please somebody who did it in the past post an TabletUI update for the stable CM10.2 or give me some hints how to make this patch on my own.

Just would have include all the the code google removed.

But the best would be to bid farewell to this relict of the past.
(Tablet UI is now dead for more than 2 years so let it rest in peace.)

Darkstar2000

Apr 13, 2006
Just would have include all the the code google removed.

But the best would be to bid farewell to this relict of the past.
(Tablet UI is now dead for more than 2 years so let it rest in peace.)

Ok, I understand. But I don't want to give up! Why should I buy a tablet with super high resolution and then waste the space with useless notification bars? I made a tabletUI Update for the stable CM10.2 for DEB: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48538860&postcount=104

We will see what the next Android Update brings...

TDO

Feb 15, 2006
You know that Android 4.4. introduced the immersive mode.
Developer just need to use it in their apps.

Reactions: thorindwarf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know that Android 4.4. introduced the immersive mode.
    Developer just need to use it in their apps.