5,600,335 Members 34,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone On 4.1 but showing 4.0 Icons...

Tip us?

Kamikaze_Hulk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone On 4.1 but showing 4.0 Icons...

I have nova launcher and a kit kat theme but when I click recent apps, all the icons that show are for GB. I absolutely don't want GB icons even when they should be switched to the themed Kit Kat icons. The problem I think was I did a restore on the phone and it was already rooted and BL unlocked.

penser
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_Hulk View Post
I have nova launcher and a kit kat theme but when I click recent apps, all the icons that show are for GB. I absolutely don't want GB icons even when they should be switched to the themed Kit Kat icons. The problem I think was I did a restore on the phone and it was already rooted and BL unlocked.
First off, 4.0 is ICS, not GB. Do you have an XTheme active? What kind of restore did you do?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Devices:
LG G2 - Stock ATT 4.4.2

Atrix HD - Stock ATT 4.1.1

Kamikaze_Hulk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My fault... I'm used to seeing the themes the way they show up with the themes but now it's not. In the app drawer it takes to the icons but it's in the recent app's view and when I'm closing apps it shows the default icons not the theme icons.

Kamikaze_Hulk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And I'm on the stock rom just nova launcher rooted and bootloader unlocked.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ai6908
Old
Thanks Meter 262

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Icon pack will only work within the launcher.
Hit "THANKS" button if you like the above post!!
Moto Atrix HD ROM - Batakang
HTC Flyer (WiFi) ROM - Stock Honeycomb3.2 No Root
My UnderVolt Tweak for cfX

EcHoFiiVe
Old
Thanks Meter 711
Quote:
My fault... I'm used to seeing the themes the way they show up with the themes but now it's not. In the app drawer it takes to the icons but it's in the recent app's view and when I'm closing apps it shows the default icons not the theme icons.
Nova icons will not change system wide, ie they won't change in recent apps menu. If you want to use an icon pack system wide, I suggest looking up Unicon on the Play Store. Also, Unicon requires the Xposed Framework to be installed. Look it up

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Kamikaze_Hulk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I had an issue with xposed framework a little bit ago where it started fc all my apps on startup and I couldn't get past it. Kind of learry about re-installing it at this point.