Application idea

Tip us?

colts187
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Default Application idea

I think it would be nice and very secret agent like if there was an app for the gear that would allow you to leave your phone on the table say at work or dinner and you could walk off and your phone would record everyone around your phone.

What would be cool is if it would allow you to playback the audio live on your gear. This way u could hear the stories that go on while you are out of the room. I could think of some situations where this could come in very handy.

Also, why is there no stock calculator? That is one of those things that are meant for this type of watch. Anyone remember the old calculator watches from the 90s? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Patosbuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I remember those calculators and you can install one.
But I think you should forget about the spy movies from the 80's and get a life. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by colts187 View Post
I think it would be nice and very secret agent like if there was an app for the gear that would allow you to leave your phone on the table say at work or dinner and you could walk off and your phone would record everyone around your phone.

What would be cool is if it would allow you to playback the audio live on your gear. This way u could hear the stories that go on while you are out of the room. I could think of some situations where this could come in very handy.

Also, why is there no stock calculator? That is one of those things that are meant for this type of watch. Anyone remember the old calculator watches from the 90s? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
gear is really abandoned when it comes to official software support, just look at the amount of apps in samsung app store. close to zero.. and the apps that are there are really poor. keep in mind that gear is already for few months on the market.

there is a calculator app made by one of the XDA users, and it works really well.

vanisleguy1976
Old
Thanks Meter 248
I don't know about clandestine audio recordings lol... in most countries that follow commonwealth laws, such recordings are actually a criminal offense punishable by law! Unless you are actually taking part in the conversation, you cannot record audio. I'd be pretty upset if I found out a friend/family member/business associate had spied on me in such a manner.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rogers Edition)
HTC EVO3D GSM
Acer Iconia A500

likearaptor
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleguy1976 View Post
I don't know about clandestine audio recordings lol... in most countries that follow commonwealth laws, such recordings are actually a criminal offense punishable by law! Unless you are actually taking part in the conversation, you cannot record audio. I'd be pretty upset if I found out a friend/family member/business associate had spied on me in such a manner.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
What about not recording, but just relaying the audio? I know in the state of Idaho and Wyoming it is lawful as long as one party is aware of the recording. But if it isn't "recording" just replaying the sound, it might fall under different rules. It would be like using the super hearing aids/laser amplification that you can by so you can hear conversations from far away. You can buy those things from magazines here, they might not work that great, but they do help on hearing farther than normal to listen in.