XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Queue background data

Tip us?

omnius1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default [Q] Queue background data

can someone explain to me the difference between Autosync Data and Queue Background Data in the android data settings? I know what the first does, but I'm not clear on what the second does.

kish3n
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnius1 View Post
can someone explain to me the difference between Autosync Data and Queue Background Data in the android data settings? I know what the first does, but I'm not clear on what the second does.
Queue background data
Another new and important power management feature is the Queue background data functionality, which minimises the number of network connection attempts when the screen is off. By queuing and releasing all network requests at set intervals of 15 minutes, the time spent in the connected radio state is minimised and the battery life is increased. When Stamina Mode is enabled, the Queue background data will only queue the connections for white listed applications, since all other applications are already blocked from using network connections.
Queuing background data will save power both on LTE and 3G networks, while for WiFi connections this functionality is not used. It is enabled by default but can be turned off by the user under Settings > Data usage > menu > Queue background data.
As an app developer, it can be useful to know that online connections are not created exactly when applications request it. However, the queuing of background data is only applicable for new connections, as old connections that have already been established will still be able to send and receive data.

Please click thanks if this has helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to kish3n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]