[Q] Android recovery 3e to 2e?

Tip us?

i7vSa7vi7y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Android recovery 3e to 2e?

I read that when you have 3e it doesn't allow you to have CWM. I can only access CWM through ROM manager. If I try to get to CWM with power and vol up, I always get into the default android recovery 3e which leads me to ask, how do I downgrade to 2e?

sub2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Are you sure you have a Photon 4G?
HOW TO STOP BEING A NOOB IN 4 EASY STEPS:
1. Go the top of the page and click on USER CP.
2. Under Your Control Panel (on the left) click Edit Options.
3. Scroll to Thread Display Options where it says Number of Posts to Show Per Page and use the drop down menu to select Show 50 Posts Per Page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.

i7vSa7vi7y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Positive

bullfrog527
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7vSa7vi7y View Post
I read that when you have 3e it doesn't allow you to have CWM. I can only access CWM through ROM manager. If I try to get to CWM with power and vol up, I always get into the default android recovery 3e which leads me to ask, how do I downgrade to 2e?
To get to Android recovery you need to press Vol down and power, then go through the fast boot menu by pressing Vol down about 5 times. It should now say Android recovery, press Vol up and it should go into cwm. Works every time for me

Sent from the back of a MoPhoKing AOKP Unicorn
Eth Solarus Oth Mithas
Tai'shar American

valentinoh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
pwr+Vol up gives you rsd protocol or fast boot mode.depending on what state your phone is.. power + volume down gives you a few options starting with fast boot then scroll with vol dwn button and selecting with vol up button. On the photon. OP sounds strange as how he gets to recovery lol

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

valentinoh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Are you unlocked?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

i7vSa7vi7y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Yes I'm unlocked. I have CWM installed but when I go to android recovery its the default android recovery not CWM
If you need any digital art made, contact me on Skype: i7vSa7vi7y

na7q
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Yes I'm unlocked. I have CWM installed but when I go to android recovery its the default android recovery not CWM
then you don't have CWM installed. grab one of the listed ones from here http://www.motosunfire.com/clockworkmod-recovery/ and then install it via moto-fastboot or from the rom managers recovery. then you're good to go. highly recommended by everyone would be jokers v3 or v4 recovery.

paulredmond
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up cwm recovery

Quote:
if you have cwm installed on your phone and you goto recovery mode and it brings up the standard android recovery then your recovery will not allow cwm to run on your phone untill you downgrade the android recovery
when you goto recovery at the top you will probably see this android recovery (3) if so you need to download gingerbread and flash it with odin after that you should be good . i had the same problem as you and thats how i fixed it

i7vSa7vi7y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulredmond View Post
if you have cwm installed on your phone and you goto recovery mode and it brings up the standard android recovery then your recovery will not allow cwm to run on your phone untill you downgrade the android recovery
when you goto recovery at the top you will probably see this android recovery (3) if so you need to download gingerbread and flash it with odin after that you should be good . i had the same problem as you and thats how i fixed it
Thanks. A very late reply and I just went with TWRP instead and had no problems. I'm getting the S4 today but I appreciate your answer and I'm sure it will help others in the future.
If you need any digital art made, contact me on Skype: i7vSa7vi7y