Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GT-S5360 root

hi guys i cant able to root my phone kindly help me here is the details
model no GT-S5360
android version 2.3.6
baseband version S5360DDMD1
kernel version 2.6.35.7dpi@dell227#1
build number GINGERBREAD.DDMD1

i have downloaded the update.zip file from xda site and copied in sd card then i went to recovery mode by pressing volume up +home +power keys
then i have selected update from sdcard
here comes the error

E:failed to mount /sdcard.(no such file or directory)
E;cant mount /sdcard
install from sd card completed

above error are coming in the recovery mode
i just dont know that i am doing correctly or not kindly help me to root my mobile and give me a link to correct update.zip file for my mobile kindly reply me thanks a lot HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanan781 View Post
hi guys i cant able to root my phone kindly help me here is the details
model no GT-S5360
android version 2.3.6
baseband version S5360DDMD1
kernel version 2.6.35.7dpi@dell227#1
build number GINGERBREAD.DDMD1

i have downloaded the update.zip file from xda site and copied in sd card then i went to recovery mode by pressing volume up +home +power keys
then i have selected update from sdcard
here comes the error

E:failed to mount /sdcard.(no such file or directory)
E;cant mount /sdcard
install from sd card completed

above error are coming in the recovery mode
i just dont know that i am doing correctly or not kindly help me to root my mobile and give me a link to correct update.zip file for my mobile kindly reply me thanks a lot HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME
Go to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1822445
Download Multi Root Installer.
Download CWM recovery.
Go to stock recovery. Flash CWM.zip
In CWM, go to mounts and storage
Mount System, Data, Cache.
Press power button to come back. Go to install zip from SD card. Select multi root installer.
Press next...... select Superuser/SuperSU. Next..... tick reboot after installation and you have root.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saravanan781
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Go to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1822445
Download Multi Root Installer.
Download CWM recovery.
Go to stock recovery. Flash CWM.zip
In CWM, go to mounts and storage
Mount System, Data, Cache.
Press power button to come back. Go to install zip from SD card. Select multi root installer.
Press next...... select Superuser/SuperSU. Next..... tick reboot after installation and you have root.

tx for the post and link buddy can u suggest me any custom rom for my mobile and link for that it will be better if i try to use odin i think its safer , i dont know and suggest me how to install custom rom thanks a lot

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Quote:
tx for the post and link buddy can u suggest me any custom rom for my mobile and link for that it will be better if i try to use odin i think its safer , i dont know and suggest me how to install custom rom thanks a lot
well, most custom roms can only be flashed through a custom recovery such as cwm. Odin is only to flash Samsung stock roms, you can't flash custom roms with this. You'll need root and cwm
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurice5813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saravanan781
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
well, most custom roms can only be flashed through a custom recovery such as cwm. Odin is only to flash Samsung stock roms, you can't flash custom roms with this. You'll need root and cwm
Oh Tx a lot now i got it. what is the best custom ROM for my mobile.once again tx for ur valuable comments

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Quote:
Oh Tx a lot now i got it. what is the best custom ROM for my mobile.once again tx for ur valuable comments
it depends, I don't own the phone. Theres no best rom, you'll have to do the judging yourself No one here can tell you sense we all have different opinions
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurice5813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saravanan781
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
it depends, I don't own the phone. Theres no best rom, you'll have to do the judging yourself No one here can tell you sense we all have different opinions
ok buddy i like to go with nemesis rom may i know about it and do u have any trusted link for it

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 25th December 2013 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 346
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
ok buddy i like to go with nemesis rom may i know about it and do u have any trusted link for it
Nemesis ROM is not on XDA (I am not doing negative publicity, but previous ROM of developer of nemesis was banned fot stealing work)
You can use Hyperion 8 ROM. It is one of the best ROMs. Also there is no best ROM. It depends on personal choice. Following are few ROMs for Galaxy y
Hyperion 8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2457022

Evo X4.x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1757125

Galaxy S4 styled custom ROM(my favourite)

The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Nemesis ROM is not on XDA (I am not doing negative publicity, but previous ROM of developer of nemesis was banned fot stealing work)
You can use Hyperion 8 ROM. It is one of the best ROMs. Also there is no best ROM. It depends on personal choice. Following are few ROMs for Galaxy y
Hyperion 8

Evo X4.x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1757125
He can use what he pleases

Quote:
Good choices

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 346
S4 themed ROM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334547

Instructions are given on each ROM page. Follow them carefully. Keep Odin and Firmware ready for backup.
(IMPORTANT DO NOT WIPE DALVIK CACHE AND BATTERY STATS when installing ROM. They will definitely brick your device).