5,600,919 Members 42,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VZW] Thinking of getting one max, hows dev?

Tip us?

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Default [VZW] Thinking of getting one max, hows dev?

I currenty have a VZW S4, but it's locked down tight... and im kind of sick of samsung siding with the carrier on this. so i was thinking of getting the onemax through edge.

Is it locked as tight as the s4? that is can you flash AOSP roms after getting the latest update?

And how is development, i might be a bit lost because of a lack of carrier specific subforum, but i dont see many VZW roms...

DROID3R
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Development is practically non existent. However viper team is about to drop the first custom rom soon.

We have root.. Unlocked bootloader and S-off though.

Sense is flawless compared to the touchwiz.

sent from my humongous VZW HTC ONE MAX

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Search.
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Murrda
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
The phone is fully unlocked as in bootloader unlocked (all variants) s-off (all variants) root and recovery (all variants) it's not that the developer support is non-existent it's the fact and this is in regards to AOSP that HTC hasn't released the source code yet for the kernel.. Once source is uploaded all AOSP teams and that will be Cyanogen first as always since all teams pull from CM will AOSP builds finally kick off... It's just a waiting game now. All the hard work getting to AOSP is done thanks to beaups!!! But yeah not to be that guy though since you are coming from the S4 and should know how XDA and all forums work read a bit. A post or 2 down from you was basically the same question lol.. If you would have checked Origiginal Android Development and Android Development you would have seen what is available thus far.... But to be honest though my man, this phone is sick... It's everything the OG One is but bigger for the phablet freaks like myself!!!!!!! Trust in the community and especially Flyhalf AOSP will come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
I currenty have a VZW S4, but it's locked down tight... and im kind of sick of samsung siding with the carrier on this. so i was thinking of getting the onemax through edge.

Is it locked as tight as the s4? that is can you flash AOSP roms after getting the latest update?

And how is development, i might be a bit lost because of a lack of carrier specific subforum, but i dont see many VZW roms...
The Following User Says Thank You to Murrda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 534

DONATE TO ME
Given the hardware between the One and the MAX are almost identical it is expected to be easy for dev's to port the code for the MAX from the one.

me and @deagleone actually tried flashing the One's kernel and the phone boots, the only thing that was broken was the WiFi which is a because of the different hardware.

The One was the phones which received a lot of dev support and has variety of custom rom's from AOSP to Sense
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

Murrda
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Wait hold up.... You were able to boot a HTC One kernel? What kernel? This is interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz View Post
Given the hardware between the One and the MAX are almost identical it is expected to be easy for dev's to port the code for the MAX from the one.

me and @deagleone actually tried flashing the One's kernel and the phone boots, the only thing that was broken was the WiFi which is a because of the different hardware.

The One was the phones which received a lot of dev support and has variety of custom rom's from AOSP to Sense

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 534

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrda View Post
Wait hold up.... You were able to boot a HTC One kernel? What kernel? This is interesting...
Yes, ElementalX @flar2's kernel for the HTC One. I did flash it and it booted up. I was not able to use the kernel features for example S2W, however @deagleone reported that S2W works with his ROM.

Once HTC makes the kernel sources available, i think development should pickup easily.
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750