XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ad Blocking

Tip us?

bender6681
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ad Blocking

I have always used adaway on my devices but it does not seem to work properly for me on this device. I am running Verizon One Max stock rom, Rooted, S-off, bootloader is relocked. Should it be working with these settings.

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 531

DONATE TO ME
as far as i know there is no relation between your rom/s-off/bootloader or anything else. it should work if you have it installed and running properly.
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750

bender6681
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its not. I'm not sure what's going on. A little more info. If I try to open the host file from the adaway app nothing happens. When using any root app that wants to reboot the phone it just closes and I have to reboot manually. Not sure if this is related but it is what I have found.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

milesje
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender6681 View Post
Its not. I'm not sure what's going on. A little more info. If I try to open the host file from the adaway app nothing happens. When using any root app that wants to reboot the phone it just closes and I have to reboot manually. Not sure if this is related but it is what I have found.

I had the same issue with the Sprint variant until I install an unsecure boot.img. Without the unsecure boot.img root was not functioning correctly. Not sure if this is the exact same issue or not, but its worth looking into, and before you ask: No I don't have a unsecure boot.img for the Vzw device, and no the one for Sprint should not work on the Vzw device.

bender6681
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the info. I know the sprint version is no good to me. I have been all over Google and am guessing a Verizon unsecured boot.IMG is just not available right now. If anyone out there knows a link please help.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I know the sprint version is no good to me. I have been all over Google and am guessing a Verizon unsecured boot.IMG is just not available right now. If anyone out there knows a link please help.

I believe one or two people are working on providing the Verizon files and/or an ruu. Not sure what issue you might be having as I am on Verizon and don't seem to be having issues with adblock plus. I have not relocked my bootloader since running rumrunner though. So for now you may have to do without fingerprint and leave bootloader unlocked until the files come out.
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

bender6681
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
I believe one or two people are working on providing the Verizon files and/or an ruu. Not sure what issue you might be having as I am on Verizon and don't seem to be having issues with adblock plus. I have not relocked my bootloader since running rumrunner though. So for now you may have to do without fingerprint and leave bootloader unlocked until the files come out.
I unlocked it again and rerooted just to be safe. Still no good. The only thing I see that has changed is ad away now shows me the host file when I tell it to. It is full of blocked things but it is not blocking. I added a site manually and rebooted. I can still get to the site. I will try ad block plus. Maybe it will work better.

bender6681
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I unlocked it again and rerooted just to be safe. Still no good. The only thing I see that has changed is ad away now shows me the host file when I tell it to. It is full of blocked things but it is not blocking. I added a site manually and rebooted. I can still get to the site. I will try ad block plus. Maybe it will work better.

Last post I care to make on this issue. I am just going to deal with it. Someone released the insecure boot.img for verizon but it still does not solve my issue. No ads are blocked.

aungkhaingoo
Old
Thanks Meter 46
My device also face that problem like after reboot device the adblock app disable itself again.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Retired Device : HTC Sensation XL, Samsung Galaxy Note
Current Device : HTC One Max International
Android Version 4.4.2 / NuSenseSIX-KitKat RC 1.4 / S-OFF